moved on from the 6th gen...

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
the outside looks good...same motor the b5 s4's have. has anything ever been replace in the drivetrain? 160k on stock turbos is sketchy at best haha.​

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
wow.. so you bought a 160K mile European car.... wow....... there is a good reason why there are not that many high milage euros on the roads vs japanese cars.... good luck..

deucescorner

Reaction score
Funny enough we moved to the exact same car LOL, except I've had the A6 for 2-3 years now

DSC_0908.jpg

DSC_0911.jpg

DSC_0916.jpg

DSC_0917.jpg

DSC_0922_1.jpg

IMG_1867-3.jpg

bruinlax22

Reaction score
the outside looks good...same motor the b5 s4's have. has anything ever been replace in the drivetrain? 160k on stock turbos is sketchy at best haha.​

wow.. so you bought a 160K mile European car.... wow....... there is a good reason why there are not that many high milage euros on the roads vs japanese cars.... good luck..

well like i said the car has a meticulous carfax, all dealer maintenance but the descriptions as to what services were performed are pretty vague. has anyone ever contacted dealers to find out what services were performed on a car?? i'm assuming that since the car was regularly brought to the same 3 audi dealers by the 3 owners who had it previously, that anything that was scheduled or needed to be done was done, but i'd like to know in detail which services were performed and when.

and i'm not just saying it's a meticulous carfax to defend the car, there's like over 60 documented services on it, all things like "engine checked, oil changed, chassis lubricated, alignment, etc" all kinds of ****, but nothing that says like turbos replaced or clutch etc...

Funny enough we moved to the exact same car LOL, except I've had the A6 for 2-3 years now

DSC_0908.jpg

DSC_0911.jpg

DSC_0916.jpg

DSC_0917.jpg

DSC_0922_1.jpg

IMG_1867-3.jpg

your car is very nice pretty much what i want mine to look like, are your high beams painted yellow or just yellow bulbs?? and the fogs?? i have the same color interior too i love it!!! i'll post pics when i get a chance to take some...

thanks to all for compliments, suggestions, etc.

deucescorner

Reaction score
your car is very nice pretty much what i want mine to look like, are your high beams painted yellow or just yellow bulbs?? and the fogs?? i have the same color interior too i love it!!! i'll post pics when i get a chance to take some...

thanks to all for compliments, suggestions, etc.

Yellow bulbs for the high beams and painted yellow for the fogs. Congrats on the interior I love it too.

I've only ever seen 2 other A6 (1 sedan and 1 Avant) with my exterior/interior color combo.

And now there is yours!! :)

If you ever need and advice and/or info don't hesitate to pm me

bruinlax22

Reaction score
Yellow bulbs for the high beams and painted yellow for the fogs. Congrats on the interior I love it too.

I've only ever seen 2 other A6 (1 sedan and 1 Avant) with my exterior/interior color combo.

And now there is yours!! :)

If you ever need and advice and/or info don't hesitate to pm me

Haha small world!! To be honest I wasn't even looking for a new car, just kinda fell into this one. I wanna do yellow bulbs for the highs too(u know off hand what bulbs they are?)
and the yellow fogs, but i was just gonna throw hid with 2500's in there...but i guess it would look cool if the lenses were yellow, what paint u use??

FlipStylie

Reaction score
I love Audi's, great fit and finish and good handling. Hope you have fun.

I used to spend alot of time around the Euros as I had a 02 GTI and an A4. What I would advise you to watch out for on the A6's:

- Burning oil - the 1.8 in the A4's of that Gen are notorious for this (could be cam seals, gasket, etc..) and to a lesser extent the 2.7s in the A6, but still a common issue

- Water Pump - Engine cooling is another one to watch out for. I'm not talking about normal replacement at the 100K ish mark, I'm talking about more than 3 owners I've know that have replaced their WP about every 30K - 45K miles... Not too hard to do yourself, but still something to be aware of.

- Turbos - I know it's been said before, but the turbos will kick the curb eventually, probably the bearings. Early sign is a really fast ding sound, like you are kicking a tin can on cocaine. Now I've seen a few people use that as an opportunity to go K04 but that's gonna be a $2K job easy. Just make sure you pay attention and catch it early.

Have fun, drive safe, good luck.

bruinlax22

Reaction score
I love Audi's, great fit and finish and good handling. Hope you have fun.

I used to spend alot of time around the Euros as I had a 02 GTI and an A4. What I would advise you to watch out for on the A6's:

- Burning oil - the 1.8 in the A4's of that Gen are notorious for this (could be cam seals, gasket, etc..) and to a lesser extent the 2.7s in the A6, but still a common issue

- Water Pump - Engine cooling is another one to watch out for. I'm not talking about normal replacement at the 100K ish mark, I'm talking about more than 3 owners I've know that have replaced their WP about every 30K - 45K miles... Not too hard to do yourself, but still something to be aware of.

- Turbos - I know it's been said before, but the turbos will kick the curb eventually, probably the bearings. Early sign is a really fast ding sound, like you are kicking a tin can on cocaine. Now I've seen a few people use that as an opportunity to go K04 but that's gonna be a $2K job easy. Just make sure you pay attention and catch it early.

Have fun, drive safe, good luck.

A well-written, informative, and overall great reply. Thank you very much for your insight.

nice car. have fun paying repairs when it breaks though.....

this one, not so much.

deucescorner

Reaction score
A well-written, informative, and overall great reply. Thank you very much for your insight.

this one, not so much.

Well that was one of my concerns when buying mine. But just like the JDM scene, the Euro scene has some really cool and helpful people. I was lucky enough to have friend who are both JDM and Euro lovers and we all work on our own cars.

Just to add in "Things to watch out for with our cars":

1) Control arms and tie rods (try to upgrade to the S4 B5 ones, there better and more resistant.
2) Axles boots; for some reason they rip more often than not. Replace the boot asap before you get too much dirt in there, otherwise you gotta do the whole axle.
2) Rear diff seal leaks (I have 110k and I've changed it once at 68k and I'll probably be due next summer )
3) Torque Converter (hopefully it was changed before you bought the car because it's pretty costly)
4) The LCD screen on the cluster will either have dead pixel, hot spots or just be unreadable after about 20min of driving. You can get it replaced with some aftermarket LCD, which are actually better than the OEM ones.

Hope this doesn't discourage you but better you know now than later on.

Back