Moving on from the Accord - 2011 WRX Hatch

xluben

Reaction score
i bet it is more fun. i never really liked those clear tails either, there's some red clears i've seen on some sti's around here i think theyre oem, just gotta look around.
http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_images/3/2165/581/30410290023_large.jpg
Those are NOT stock. They are painted or vinyl overlays. Many people have done it, but so far there are not any red/clear housed tail lights available.

looks great man. that most of been hella exciting and im sure it still is.

the tails are, meh... i like the ones meximan posted up or u could just black out the clear part....

I would consider some coils overs and drop that beast as well...

wrx's come turbo as well right?
I would want my tails to look just like the ones posted. I'm not a fan of the smoked portions.

Probably won't drop it, MN winter doesn't like that much.

WRX is a 2.5L with just over 14psi of boost. :)

New wrx and sti have same turbo now ;) its just untuned....get a tune and you'll be in the money
Not the same, but similar. A good tune has been known to add/smooth out power quiet effectively. Stage 2 tunes are generally close to 300WHP :)

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
Congrats on the pickup, very nice upgrade.

In for subaruluvers story about how he rallied his dads STi once.

Last edited:

xluben

Reaction score
I don't want them to be all red, I want to keep the turn signal and reverse lights clear. I have contacted bluebatmobile for info and pricing, but for the price of these pre-cut kits I think I might just buy a sheet and go at it myself. Cost is 5x less, so if it doesn't turn out I won't be too mad.

From what I've read online it is extremely frustrating to do the outer taillights on the WRX hatch due to the large amount of curvature (and a lot of people end up ruining their pre-cuts and have to buy more, or just give up).

meximan16

Reaction score
i would just try it out myself first, who knows you could get lucky and get it right

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
nice, i just got my wrb '11 wrx october 1st and it's great. the tail lights can be tinted like that picture above. you're going to love the car. good choice. click the link on my sig ang maybe join the forum.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
hhhm... at least it's AWD lol

not likin the new WRX's, but the performance has gotta be a huge upgrade over the 6ga... :thumbsup:

Back