My Black leather interior swap (Updated 7/10/11)

AccordFlex

Reaction score
So when I was at the Honda junkyard picking up my new motor, I saw a 2002 V6 coupe sitting there with a full black leather interior so of course I couldnt pass that up... especially for $400

Included leather seats all around, quarterpanel trim, new carpet, black dash, A pillars, B pillars etc, basically everything I needed minus sunvisors and interior door moldings.

I decided to spray the A pillars, B pillars, and the lower rocker molding door sil trim. I went with a textured black paint with specs of pearl in it. Also painted the stock tweeter covers since I dont use them anyways. Swap isnt quite done, but its getting there. Still need to take car of the headliner which im doing in urban digital camo and the air bag covers and clear the painted trim pieces and a few other odds and ends. Heres some pics so far...

f3fe22c2.jpg

0ef6900e.jpg

79884db5.jpg

16549b83.jpg

bc1852e9.jpg

24a70a1e.jpg

f4383842.jpg

e9757b9d.jpg

7eb1a197.jpg

Finished up my first piece of rewrapped interior along with the switch plate painted and clear coated. Doing the leather door inserts, headliner, and center console arm rest... material is a checkered leather vinyl and suede.

IMAG0097.jpg

IMAG0096.jpg

IMAG0098.jpg

IMAG0099.jpg

IMAG0104.jpg

IMAG0105.jpg

IMAG0109.jpg

IMAG0106.jpg

IMAG0107.jpg

IMAG0108.jpg

IMAG0103.jpg

Wrapped the back pieces with hot glue to hold each of the portioned chunks down. Then we sealed everything down with a liquid epoxy then smoothed on a layer of polyurethane to harden the fabric to the headliner to ensure a nice tight bond. The headliner itself was sprayed down with 3M 90 Adhesive which is their strongest formula done in 1'x1' sections because of the very quick tackying qualities it has.

IMAG0110.jpg

IMAG0111.jpg

Sun shades were sealed shut so that the paint doesnt wear down, plus i dont use them much anyways.

IMAG0112.jpg

IMAG0114.jpg

IMAG0115.jpg

IMAG0116.jpg

Last edited:

AccordFlex

Reaction score
Re: My Black leather interior swap

Thanks everyone!

I dont think I will ever replace a dash ever again. Had to take out the wiring harness for the 02 v6 and swap over mine alone with the vin plate. The dash alone has about 3 days of work into it.

acedomain

Reaction score

you painted the dash? if yes can someone plz clear this up bcuz i hear that its like illegal to do that ....idk if who ever told me this might be missing the point, that its if you tamper with the vin number on the dash when you get in trouble or just painting it period idk ...but i have a friend who painted over the vin like an idiot and they took his car away and i have a different friend who said he got a ticket for painting it but he didnt paint over the vin......just want to know whats what thanks

EDIT- just read that you switched over. fail on my part but still would like to know if anyone can give me the right info

Last edited:

AccordFlex

Reaction score

you painted the dash? if yes can someone plz clear this up bcuz i hear that its like illegal to do that ....idk if who ever told me this might be missing the point, that its if you tamper with the vin number on the dash when you get in trouble or just painting it period idk ...but i have a friend who painted over the vin like an idiot and they took his car away and i have a different friend who said he got a ticket for painting it but he didnt paint over the vin......just want to know whats what thanks

EDIT- just read that you switched over. fail on my part but still would like to know if anyone can give me the right info

Yea the vin from my old dash was cut out and swapped over to the new black dash. No paint on the dash, minus my future plans to do the passenger side airbag cover.

LunaccorD

Reaction score

Scored!!!!! i wanna do that soooo bad! looks good, did you DIY???

Back