My car Got Flooded

ElLoKoV6

Reaction score
Im Pretty sad and devastated, my car got flooded on tuesday, but not to the point that was submerged in water. As u can see ama newbie on 6th gen, and i really need ur help guys, i would like to know what's next to do? any info u guys can give me about flooded cars will be great, i already started to take the inside apart to dry it up.

My car is a 1999 honda accord ex sedan v6

ElLoKoV6

Reaction score
well, the battery died, fully wet, the intake filter is wet, i check one spark plug, and is wet from the head not where u plug it, a check all the dipsticks (oil, transmission) and looks okay, i dont see no water inside the fluids, i haven't started the car yet so i really dont know,

as for symptoms, i see some green podwer on the connector as of the climate control, the clock, fuse box is kind of green too both from passenger, and driver side, the controls of the driver seats is green aswell,

the car was parked, and when i saw the car the trunk was open, 3 windows were open, idk how the hell it open up,

and by the way i live in brooklyn newyork, my car is park in mill basin

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Sounds like the water got just high enough.

I would suggest pulling more of the spark plugs, check the wires and give it a few days to dry out more before you try and start it. Remember to take the soaked intake filter off before you do.

Hope it goes better than expected.

ElLoKoV6

Reaction score
thanks sykvsyx i guezz too but when i went to see my car there was no water only a lil bit on the car, the speakers are done as well, about the intake filter, is in the garbage already, Im going to get a cheap one just to start the engine, and yes i will leave my car to dry up for more than a week and see wat happens.

i hope so too, i luv this car and i really want to repair it and dry the car up.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
You may want to consider pulling the seats and carpet to really air it out as well.

ElLoKoV6

Reaction score
yeah i took all the seats out, i need to take out the carpet as well, but idk how to take out the center console, do u knoe how to take that apart?

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
Pull the plugs unplugg the distributor before you crank it. That way if there's any water in the cylinders it'll force it out the spark plug tubes instead of hydro locking the motor. If there's any water that comes out I'd suggest draining the oil.

AccordUser

Reaction score
id suggest (if you have garage) put it inside, get a fan and turn it on, not enough to blow dust around, but to get the air moving. I would then remove coilpacks, and let sparkplugs sit on top of their respective hole without being screwed in (allows h20 to evaporate out, without trash getting it. also, remove you air filter. and leave it out (dont put one in). dont start the car. some people recommend replacing the sparkplug wires and sparkplugs without even starting the car, but thats more expenditure than necessary. It will take a week or so tp dry, but the same thing happend to a buddy of mine, thats what he did for his acura legend.

Back