Need back 6x9 speakers for new amp and woofer?

Drami5

Reaction score
Last time I got audio installed I just bought some speakers for my front door, and I had an amp. The people that installed my speakers said that my amp was to powerful for the speakers. I would need a woofer. So now a bit later I got a subwoofer, my question is, for my speakers to not blow, will I need the 6x9's, or will i do fine with the stock back ones?

james'99

Reaction score
Are you running the high pass filter on your headunit so to block bass frequencies on the speakers since you now have a subwoofer? If you don't have a HPF on your headunit, you can purchase physical ones that get wired inline with the speakers. If you do this, those speakers should last you quite a while with clarity. It's only if you aren't happy with the sound should you change them. If you aren't an audiophile, you should be okay. What speakers are you running in the front? Do they have a 6x9 brother?

Drami5

Reaction score
Nah bruh in the front are 6.5 300w. The back ones are the factory ones. And no I don't think i'm running the high pass filter.. in reality im not an audiophile but overtime i've wanted to install the amp and subwoofer to have it sound louder and better lul

james'99

Reaction score
Well, an amp and subwoofer are a good way to increase bass but if you plan on driving the speakers with an amplifier, you will need to upgrade those speakers. However, if you will only be using the amplifier for the subwoofer, you can keep the stock 6x9s. They well handle plenty. The HPF will make your speakers sound clearer on the high end as they will be eliminating the bass coming from hem since they don't need to push bass since you have a subwoofer.

Back