Need help can i fix this? how much? should i buy it?

rfattul

Reaction score
Hi im trying to buy this car from a auction but it has some damage on it. i was wondering how much it would be to fix and how much you think it will go for. This would be my first car if i buy it.
jrzp8o.jpg

2lcs6ll.jpg

2jwlz6.jpg

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Just based on that picture I'd give no more than 1k if the engine/tranny had 120k or less. Hell that looks like 5-7k worth of damage. That looked like my car when it got hit by tennis ball hail. There's some hefty roof damage. New deck lid, hood, fenders, doors, roof section.

I'd walk away

Unless you can do or get free bodywork

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
how are we supposed to help?

its an 01-02 EX V6 coupe with a busted up front end and hail damage. that's all i can tell from 2 crappy pics.

fixing the front end hoodrat style could be done for probably $300...fixing the whole car right, add another 0 on the end.

but then there's no mention of mileage, either, to help us gauge the price.

and then there's the fact it's an auction car, which means the insurance company didnt want to touch it...probably because it was too expensive to fix. and since it's an auction car, it (in all likelihood) comes with 0 maintenance records. and since it's an auction car, most places dont let you test drive before bidding, and allow perhaps a half hour to peruse the car...so you could have a dying transmission on your hands (a very good possibility with a V6), or an engine which burns a significant amount of oil, or has a previously salvaged title for another problem, or...fill in the blank.

if your dad knows so much about auction cars, let him buy it and fix it. they're cheap for a reason.

Halabeaster54

Reaction score
I say buy a v6 coupe. Just not from an auction. A decent one will cost around 3500

Sent from my EVO 3D using Tapatalk

Back