Need help choosing Tools

ey361995

Reaction score
Craftsman till the day I die haha. I got the...is it 192 piece idk but Sears always has good deals on those boxes :wave:

justin_l_

Reaction score
Craftsman everything except ratchets, specialty tools, and air tools. Their rachets suck. Nothing worse than smashing your knuckles at the begining of a project and being sore for the rest of the job. Snapon has some of the best rachets on the market.

Having the correct tools for the job will make the job go easier and quicker.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
My only bad experience with Craftsman is the torque wrench I bought at Sears. It was the one where you twist the handle, and it was $75 on sale. I used it maybe 5 times the first year I bought it and it broke. And I don’t beat on my tools. Took it back to Sears with the receipt and in its case and everything, turns out Craftsman’s lifetime replacement warranty doesn’t apply to their torque wrenches. I was shocked. Thought about contacting them but was too annoyed.

Though I did get replacements for the three breaker bars that snapped trying to remove an axle nut lol.

Brimstone Brown

Reaction score
I use craftsman for most of my hand tools. I can't justify spending the extra cash for snap on. Anything I've broken sears happily replaced.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Though I did get replacements for the three breaker bars that snapped trying to remove an axle nut lol.

My 1/2 was fine with a 8 foot 'cheater' on it, but a buddy broke his with a tractor...blade moving it on a car. Not the ratchet, sheared the drive. Mine did later, somehow...still have that drive though! (not installed)

CAM00003_zps9209fee0.jpg

tq wrench too, $550 new, $150 to reman, but worth every $0.001. It does tq angle...really, lb/ft, in/lb, kg/m, n/m, what...

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
We were using a pipe extension, and torched the nut too. It was pretty bad.

I'll pay for a Snap On or similar torque wrench. The Craftsman was a POS. It sits on the floor under my workbench just because I haven't come to terms yet with throwing something away that was used only few times and cost me $75 lol.

Back