Need help making a decision..

accord_luv

Reaction score
alright..a few days ago one of my parent's friend's friend hit my car on their way out of the driveway. he was a little drunk.

it's good and bad because YES, i have to fix it now, BUT he is paying for it and i can finally get some body work done to my car for free!:rock:

my passenger fender, headlight, and bumper was damaged.

there's this bodyshop that some of my friends recommended that did pretty good work for the price.

he's going to give me $800 for the damages

so..i have a few choices

1. $200(body work)+ $250(repaint whole car)= $450
..2 yr warranty. they'll repaint any part
-JDM blakhoused headlight(s) from ebay= $85
-RH fender= ? still looking..around $60
-new polyth.mugen front lip= $90
Total: $685

OR

2.repaint whole car and body work= $710
..5 yr warranty
-headlights= $85
-fender= $60?
Total: $855

Both paint jobs does not include wetsanding but i seen a few cars painted by them and it looks decent. cant expect too much with that kind of prices.

just trying to get some input on what i should do.

jaz

Reaction score
you gotta tell me where you can get a paint job for $250 that'd be killer... i'd say just get the body work you need done obviously and the paint job... and you can get oem headlights cheaper and black house them yourself.. it's really easy and alot cheaper

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
first and foremost, every penny you do or don't put into a paint job will show.

unless you know someone who is willing to do you a favor and paint your car for that price you're getting the ****ty end of the stick my friend. your car needs to be wetsanded before painting..... period.

i'd save the paint job, use the money to repair what is broken, DIY a set of blackhoused headlamps, and put the money towards mods that will make your car more enjoyable to drive...... but thats just my .02

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
i would never get a whole car repainted for $250, or $710 with the body work included. you get what you pay for with stuff like this. take it to a decent shop and get a real estimate. not an offer from some drunk for $800 for his dumbass drunken mistake. he shouldnt have been driving anyway if hes hitting **** backing out of the driveway. hes lucky to pay any price that you get to get it repaired rather than being arrested, or causing some real damage to someone else on the road.

accord_luv

Reaction score
you gotta tell me where you can get a paint job for $250 that'd be killer... i'd say just get the body work you need done obviously and the paint job... and you can get oem headlights cheaper and black house them yourself.. it's really easy and alot cheaper

i've looked around for oem headlights and they go for around 50-60 each
why bother doing that when i can get both for 85 shippd. i need new headlights anyways

first and foremost, every penny you do or don't put into a paint job will show.

unless you know someone who is willing to do you a favor and paint your car for that price you're getting the ****ty end of the stick my friend. your car needs to be wetsanded before painting..... period.

i'd save the paint job, use the money to repair what is broken, DIY a set of blackhoused headlamps, and put the money towards mods that will make your car more enjoyable to drive...... but thats just my .02

i know you get what u pay for when it comes to paint jobs but it will be FREE.. i just dont want to get the body work done without a paintjob because i know it will take me a long time to save up 1500-2000 for a good paintjob.

i would never get a whole car repainted for $250, or $710 with the body work included. you get what you pay for with stuff like this. take it to a decent shop and get a real estimate. not an offer from some drunk for $800 for his dumbass drunken mistake. he shouldnt have been driving anyway if hes hitting **** backing out of the driveway. hes lucky to pay any price that you get to get it repaired rather than being arrested, or causing some real damage to someone else on the road.

i mean..considering he only hit the fender and broke my headlight. i think asking for 800 was kind of pushing it lol. because what most shops do is repaint new fender and blend the paint in with the rest of the car so that its hard to see the difference.

im trying to have him pay for my whole cars body work and paint lol. ill post pics of it tomorrow.

Last edited:

Johnson

Reaction score
i've looked around for oem headlights and they go for around 50-60 each
why bother doing that when i can get both for 85 shippd. i need new headlights anyways
because they are oem. higher quality. its not that hard to blackhouse..

i know you get what u pay for when it comes to paint jobs but it will be FREE.. i just dont want to get the body work done without a paintjob because i know it will take me a long time to save up 1500-2000 for a good paintjob.
so.. you know its going to be a crap paint job but will let someone do it because its free? whats wrong with your paint? oem paint is best. are you going to change the color? your going to end up with flaws in the paint and rock chips all over and paint the whole car again.

why dont you just fix the parts that need to be fixed and pocket the extra for something else? your not forced to spend all the 800. are you?

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
buy a new bumper and fender first... save up until u can get them properly painted... also, there's no need to repaint ur entire car if the paint is still ok... tht money can be used towards something else

accord_luv

Reaction score
because they are oem. higher quality. its not that hard to blackhouse..

so.. you know its going to be a crap paint job but will let someone do it because its free? whats wrong with your paint? oem paint is best. are you going to change the color? your going to end up with flaws in the paint and rock chips all over and paint the whole car again.

why dont you just fix the parts that need to be fixed and pocket the extra for something else? your not forced to spend all the 800. are you?

You guys cant see it in the pics but my car has a lot of little dents and scratches all around..and if i do paint it im not changing the color..keeping it black.

you can paint body parts without painting the entire car.... fyi

i know i can.. i wanted to patch up my whole care as well though but from what everyone is sayin it might not be a good idea from this shop.

buy a new bumper and fender first... save up until u can get them properly painted... also, there's no need to repaint ur entire car if the paint is still ok... tht money can be used towards something else

bumper doesnt need to be replaced..just bondo and sanded. fender needs replacement. and yes my car needs bodywork and paintjob

Back