need help now, car wont start or do anything

jdmcg3

Reaction score
so i just went out to my car to start it so i can head to work.. went to turn the key over and it did nothing besides dim the cluster lights out. now the CEL, Maintain light, the door/trunk light all barely come on and flicker. the only thing that happens when i turn over the key is my radiator fan comes on. the car was just running fine on saturday. it sat all day yesterday but its sat for alot longer than a day without any problems before. ive checked my power wires, all have a good connection. im bout to find my volt meter just to double check my battery just incase i left a dome light on or something.

but what should i be checking for guys? i cant afford to miss work today so i need to get the car started asap. i was gonna try and roll down the hill and pop the clutch.. but if that doesnt work i dont want my car just sitting in the street.

thanks for any advice

rebornS14

Reaction score
yeah sounds like your battery is dead which necessarily doesnt mean your battery is bad but can be if your alternator was bad and has completely killed it now.

Emphasis

Reaction score
As stated, it sounds like your battery and/or alternator is on its way out.

Test your battery to check its condition.

rebornS14

Reaction score
and please dont go to Autozone/Orielly's and buy thier cheap batteries that will go out again sooner than later

get something decent with a good warranty replacement warranty.

Back