Need Help Raising Exhaust

CDsDontBurn

Reaction score
I'm curious to know if this is possible. My tips on my exhaust scrape along the bottom of my driveway and any driveway, dip, speedbump, etc. that is at the right enough angle. If at a steep enough angle, they will scrape so badly it sounds more like a grind than a scrape.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Try shorter rubber hangers? Is there enough clearance to tuck the tips up under the car more?

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
go to a muffler shop and have them cut the hangers shorter... shouldn't cost u more than $40

CDsDontBurn

Reaction score
Are these really the only two ways of doing this? I thought that there was some way to raise and lower the upper side of the hanger (the side that hangs down from the car) in order to accomplish this?

And yes, I have about a good 3 - 4 inches of space between the top of the tips and bottom of my bumper.

Rear%20End.jpg

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Holy crap, yeah changing that will make a difference haha.

The metal hangers on the underside of the car are welded, to change them you'd have to have them cut and rewelded. Or you can try various rubber or strap hangers to pull it up. With how low that is though, you might be better off having the metal hangers cut and re-welded.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
yes, cutting and rewelding the hangers are the best bet.. and it's only $40.....

CDsDontBurn

Reaction score
Keeping the "cut and re-weld" option available, what are the hangar options available? I imagine that my current hangars are just old and that they have more sag than they should because of age and wear from heat, exposure, etc.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
There are rubber and leather hangers available at auto parts stores or online. Some are adjustable (have more than one hanging hole). There are also straps, Ghost Ryder has these on his car.

The OEM rubber hangers are pretty durable, they last a long while and will usually crack before they would sag.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
After I installed my catback, I went to Autozone/Advance/Napa and grabbed an assortment. Eventually found a combination that worked for me. I was working with much less space to tweak than you, though.

Back