Need help with Interior swap - Airbags

AccordFlex

Reaction score
Ok so I recently just swapped in a 01-02 v6 charcoal grey interior into my 2000 4cl ulev for the tan leather that was already in there.

The whole interior has been replaced from the dash, the carpets, seats, and soon to be custom headliner. But the main problem im having is with my SRS light coming on. I have had the code reset but it instantly comes back.

I didnt replace the dash airbag, im still using my tan one until I can redo the cover myself, so its the OEM airbag that came with the car. The seats however do come with side airbags, as did my tan leather ones. Im thinking that after the swap, the car isnt reading those new side airbags correctly and throwing a SRS light. Basically im trying to find a solution to get rid of this SRS light because when emissions time comes, I cant have any codes being thrown.

I have read that I can use a 2 ohm 1/4 watt resistor and put it in between the pins and it will simulate the affect of having an airbag, but this was off of a prelude forum. Im looking for a way to bypass the side airbag and still keep my black leather seats, side airbags dont really do much IMO anyways so not having them isnt an issue for me. Any help would be awesome!!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I was going to say check your SRS collar until you said you didn't mess with the steering wheel at all. Must be something with the side airbags, which I know nothing about. Are you sure you didn't miss a connector somewhere, etc?

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
The SRS bulb isn't one that's readily pullable like the others, IIRC. Buut there's a place where you can fit in a piece of black electrical tape to prevent the "red square" of the SRS light from lighting up.

That's how I sold mine. :lawl:

AccordFlex

Reaction score
Well with emissions in MD, they actually plug into your master connector and check for any codes being thrown so I cant exactly just cover it up which would be the easiest route.

I also want to fix this issue so that my front airbags still work properly as well. I just want to bypass the side airbags in the seats.

1998accordsirt

Reaction score
In theory yes, a two ohm resistor would work as the resistance of most air bags is about that much.

IIRC though, the 01 and on Accords used dual stage airbags. Although, I'm not sure if the side air bags are dual stage or not.

1998accordsirt

Reaction score
Taken directly from Alldata-

Ill get you a pic later...

"Because the seats are made by more than one manufacturer, make sure you replace any seat components (seat-back cover, frame, etc.) with the correct parts. The name of the seat manufacturer is indicated on the seat-back."

xx24xx

Reaction score
The SRS bulb isn't one that's readily pullable like the others, IIRC. Buut there's a place where you can fit in a piece of black electrical tape to prevent the "red square" of the SRS light from lighting up.

That's how I sold mine. :lawl:

LOL that's awesome.

OP Try disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes. Otherwise I think you may have mistakenly mixed up single/dual stage srs. I would just black out the light instead of rigging it.

AccordFlex

Reaction score
I wish I could black out the lighting, but I literally cannot do that. They plug directly into my ECU jack and read the diagnostics of the car. It will detect any malfunctions with the car.

I also want my front ones to work as well... when the SRS light is off, none of the airbags will blow in the event of an accident. I still want the driver and passenger front bags to be ready to be used incase of an emergency.

Back