Need help with my 6th gen! URGENT!

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Sorry as well for answering off topic, but you asked me the same question to me =p not everyone in BC drives civic type-r's and STI wagons lol :huh:

Because Im clueless why you guys are driving USDM cars when you have a full selection of 1995 of less JDM imports. They are typically betters cars for the money, Ive been trying to import a JDM STI for a long time. If I lived there, I would probably have a nice collection of cars.

Okay well nobody replied. I got some coil pack for 70 after tax at napa with a shop account and as well out in new NGK R Platinum Laser plugs. Got it installed today and my car starts up like normal again sounds like it not on outside but it still idles quite rough on the interior. Me and inv4zn going to clean my iacv nextweek hopefully then I need to get it services. Thanks for all your guys help again!

Anything you guys recommend me do? Such as cleaning and preferably easy to do in ur own garage without too much lost nuts and bolts rofl!

Did you use the method I told you to see which coil pack was bad?

Last edited:

riCewu

Reaction score
Because Im clueless why you guys are driving USDM cars when you have a full selection of 1995 of less JDM imports. They are typically betters cars for the money, Ive been trying to import a JDM STI for a long time. If I lived there, I would probably have a nice collection of cars.

Did you use the method I told you to see which coil pack was bad?

Yes I did use the method, but my dad was like, "forget it, i'll just get you 6 new coils and plugs." Lol! Should I have said no? My dad was paying for the cost of parts... =S

inv4zn

Reaction score

While you're right that it's a lot easier for us up here to get/import JDM cars, they're not as common as you might think...lol

You still have to go through a lot of hoops and jumps to get them insured, pass smog(air care up here), etc...

And RHD cars are cop-magnets lol.

Plus with everyday inconveniences like driving through drive-thru's backwards and having to get out of the car to get tickets for the airport parking lot, quite a few ppl don't really like JDM cars, despite their awesomeness...

It also goes both ways in that you guys down there get R34's and all the evo's...lol

Also, move up here then :jae:

riCewu

Reaction score
While you're right that it's a lot easier for us up here to get/import JDM cars, they're not as common as you might think...lol

You still have to go through a lot of hoops and jumps to get them insured, pass smog(air care up here), etc...

And RHD cars are cop-magnets lol.

Plus with everyday inconveniences like driving through drive-thru's backwards and having to get out of the car to get tickets for the airport parking lot, quite a few ppl don't really like JDM cars, despite their awesomeness...

It also goes both ways in that you guys down there get R34's and all the evo's...lol

Also, move up here then :jae:

Well said! Bring a r34 up her for me to cruise around in too! =]

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Yes I did use the method, but my dad was like, "forget it, i'll just get you 6 new coils and plugs." Lol! Should I have said no? My dad was paying for the cost of parts... =S

Your dad bought new coilpacks? lol WHAT DID YOU DO WITH THE OTHERS? Those are like gold for the v6 guys, even the tl's use the same coil packs. You could sell them.

riCewu

Reaction score
Your dad bought new coilpacks? lol WHAT DID YOU DO WITH THE OTHERS? Those are like gold for the v6 guys, even the tl's use the same coil packs. You could sell them.

I still have them! =] Lmao! I also have the plugs still, perfect condition.. well except for some slight carbon build up but all in all no signs of major defects lol.

I wonder how much I would get for each coils on 6ga =]

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
I still have them! =] Lmao! I also have the plugs still, perfect condition.. well except for some slight carbon build up but all in all no signs of major defects lol.

I wonder how much I would get for each coils on 6ga =]

Well your still going to have to isolate the ones that are bad, plug one old coil pack in the car while its running to find the bad one(s). They are worth a little bit, you could probably get $20 a piece for the ones that are good.

riCewu

Reaction score
Well your still going to have to isolate the ones that are bad, plug one old coil pack in the car while its running to find the bad one(s). They are worth a little bit, you could probably get $20 a piece for the ones that are good.

I'll just keep them for backup unless I can get a killer deal. I bought my brand new ones for 70 each ... at lordco was $100 each.. I got a shop deal so yeah..

At least 40 each sounds more of a better trade for the good ones.

UCLAcivic

Reaction score
The problem sounds like the same issue I am having with my '00 V6 coupe (106k on the clock). The issue is called "heat soak". Tell me if this sounds like your issue:
When you start the car in the morning or for the first time that day it starts up fine. You drive the car without issue. Once the car is parked, left for about 15-20 minutes and then you try to restart it, it revs to 1.5-2k and then immediately dies. You try to start it again, but instead of letting it die, you rev to about 2k for a minute or two, and then let off and the car idles (either normally or a little rough).

This is the same problem I have with my car and I have heard it from others who own the same car as ours. There was a Honda service bulletin detailing the problem and the fix. If this sounds like your problem, then it is covered by the bulletin. I can post the info for you if you would like. Basically, you need to change the Fuel Pressure Regulator and the computer. The problem occurs when you park the car. My mechanic, Stacey at Affordable Care Honda of Hollywood (a Honda genius, only person I trust with my car, look him up if you live in the area, tell him Shiraz sent you) explained that heat soak causes the fuel in the lines to vaporize when the car is parked for longer then 15 mins. Thus, once the car starts up after that time, it missfires in all cylinders for lack of fuel. This problem does not occur once the car has cooled down sufficiently (more then 2-3 hours).

Sorry for the long post, but if this sounds like your issue, let me know, and I will post further with the bulletin specifics and part numbers. The fix is not cheap. I am working on the issue as we speak. Good luck.
Cheers,
Shiraz

Back