Need help

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Ok the time has come for me to pick out the coating to finish my car with. I have come across one kit called Hercules bed liner and another kit which is a spray on kit called Raptor Liner. Here are the kits:

1. Raptor Liner - Here and I would also buy the gun Here
Here is one of my questions. How do I use this gun? I understand how the gun works but where do I find the compressed air or whatever that is needed to use the gun? That is where I am lost with that kit.

2. Hercules kit - Here. This is the roll on kit however from what I've heard it is less durable.

Anyone have any suggestions?

I would like to use to spray on kit however I've never dealt with spray guns and have no idea where to get compressed air or does the spray gun take CO2?......

I also need to pick up some bondo as well to fill in my roof.

For some reason I am becoming frustrated lol.

Last edited:

MoneyPit

Reaction score
Looks like the gun uses compressed air. A simple compressor and tank should do the trick.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Where do I find this? Do you think I can rent the compressor and tank at my local auto parts store like advanced auto / oriely's etc?

Cpyro

Reaction score
maybe not at a auto parts, more like home depot

JEER42

Reaction score
You will also need an air hose to connect the compressor to the gun. Are you doing your whole car with this?
BTW the compressor has a tank already on it.

Last edited:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Matt, don't over think the project. You know it will be fine, just take your time.

Air compressor's are easy to come by, Home Depot, Lowe's, they've got you covered. All you need is the gun.

I would also suggest the Raptor Liner over the Hercules stuff, because Raptor Liner seems to hold up much longer.

Since this isn't the typical car paint, you want to make sure you apply properly, let it cure for the recommended time, if not a bit longer, and get a few layers of clear on there.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Yeah I will try and rent an air compressor either at an auto parts store or home depot. I read about fear and combating that fear with staying in the moment in my meditation , which I'm not doing. I'm anxious and excited about getting this started. :canada:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
haha I love you how flash the Canada flag randomly.

And relax man, you will be fine with this project. Just take your time, IA isn't for 2 months. Yoo gawt diss. ;)

SykVSyx

Reaction score
^And you have the red car, so we know who you support deep down! :lawl:

Appreciate the random :canada: support, Matt!

I wish I was closer to TN, trust me, we would have tackle both our rides and made it work.

BTW, Matt, will you be doing this work in your garage, or do you have somewhere that you can get the body/paint work done?

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
:canada:

My parents garage, my place does not have a garage. I may do some of it outside as well but as little as possible due to not wanting crap falling from the trees onto the car.

This will definitely be an event

Last edited:
Back