Need new parts, looking for what will work best.

001Stunna

Reaction score
Having coilovers makes no difference in the replacements of upper control arms w/ ball joint(they come together), axles, or bearings/hubs. Having a lowered car just makes parts wear a bit faster due to the changed angles of the suspension components when compared to stock. Most people are supposed to get an alignment and get the toe set to 0 within one week of lowering their car.

That said it sounds to me like you may have some eBay coilovers? or did you buy proper brand name coilovers on eBay? Because as i mentioned before eBay suspension parts are not worth it...at all.

What camber kit do you have? Front or rear?

You mentioned you're trying to get all parts you "might" need...why don't you jack the car up and check the suspension parts for what's loose/worn/needs replacing and only buy what you need...not everything you might need.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Don't cheap out on these parts, they will go bad sooner than later, and then you'll be spending more to fix them again. In this situation it's really better to front more money and do it right, you will be glad you bought OEM or equivalent.

Last edited:

Sedare

Reaction score
My wife has the car at work tonight, when I get to my shop on monday, I will take a hose to the underside of the suspension on the front wheels, and clean it up and see what brand we are working with. If I remember I will take my camera with me.

Sedare

Reaction score
None of the parts have company names on them. I am going to assume Ebay/Generic.

2x bearings front, 2 control arms with ball joint, 2 CV axles for front.

All the way around, I need new rims. 15-17 inch doesnt matter. The ones I have are bad.

I got the heater fixed... but the concept of just fronting money is not an option. No credit card, nothing but myself (seasonally unemployed) to rely on. I need to get me from point A to point B for the next 6-9 months until I can redo with high end suspension, and finally do the body work I need in my garage next winter. But for now, I need this running. The bearing went out on me yesterday, and I broke down and bought one from Napa in town, just to keep rolling. I have the control arms and axles en route, and I already replaced my heater control panel that was destroyed via theft of stereo 3 yrs ago. This is a major project on my end guys... so although I am not taking the most recommended route at this time, I am at least setting my goals for completion in 12 months.

Last edited:

Rikdaddy

Reaction score
I usually get parts at autozone basically because of warranty. I know they lifetime warranty on cv axle for about 50 each which is the best bang for the buck.

Back