need some knowledge for HID's

Boilerup15

Reaction score
I have realized on this forum that you all want people to use the search function, and I did but I haven't found what I am looking for yet. I had a biexon HID kit on my truck but I am wanting to put a kit on my car. I realize the high and low on the car are two separate bulbs. My question is, I thought I read somewhere that it wasn't good to put HID's in the High's on this car because of flicking them on and off. Does it really matter? I think it would look silly to have HID's in the lows and not the highs. Wondering what you guys are running??

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Why would it look silly? You're rarely using the highs at the same time as the lows. And the halogen brights are plenty bright enough to serve their purpose. And yes, flicking the brights will kill the ballasts.

Most people are using 6k DDM slimballast kits. Relay harness recommended.

Boilerup15

Reaction score
Why would it look silly? You're rarely using the highs at the same time as the lows. And the halogen brights are plenty bright enough to serve their purpose. And yes, flicking the brights will kill the ballasts.

Most people are using 6k DDM slimballast kits. Relay harness recommended.

From what my old kit was if I just put them in the lows, I would probably drive with them all the time because they are much brighter than regular bulbs. I had the ddm 5000k in my truck. Since DDM offers lifetime warranty would it really matter if they went out? I could get them replaced for free correct?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Most likely, yes. But I think you'd get tired of the hassle. They die, you have to disconnect everything, put your old bulbs back in and use stock wiring in the meantime, then ship everything to DDM and wait for them to send you replacements, etc. - then replacements come and you have to hook everything back up.

Doesn't really make sense to abuse them, just use them the way they are meant to be used.

Boilerup15

Reaction score
Is there brighter bulbs I can get that will closer match the HID's for the highs other than the stock bulbs then?

GaAccord

Reaction score
Dude how often do you ride around with your high beams on? And the only cars that will see that they look "silly" will be in front of you....So you shouldn't have your high beams on.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
There are 9005 bulbs that are different in color, i.e. more white or more yellow, but no filament bulb is going to come close to high intensity discharge lighting.

Just curious, why are you so keen on having your brights match your lows? TL's have projectors that use HID lighting, while still using stock filament bulbs for the highs and it looks good while making plenty of light. If anything I would be focusing more on having your lows and parking lights look good together. Since highs are more for function and are rarely used, I wouldn't worry about it.

6k HID lows with stock highs is more than adequate lighting.

Last edited:

Boilerup15

Reaction score
Dude how often do you ride around with your high beams on? And the only cars that will see that they look "silly" will be in front of you....So you shouldn't have your high beams on.

I live about 20 miles outside of a town, I drive a lot of back road country roads, where I rarely run into anyone, more common to run into a deer than a person.

I want my brights to match my lows because I am used to that coming from my truck. The difference in seeing ability is like night and day.

GaAccord

Reaction score
I like my yellowish highs, with my 12k hids. But if I wanted them to match, I'd just buy some bulbs off ebay that are blue. That's just my 2 cents though.

TUBHMOOBVAJ

Reaction score
I live about 20 miles outside of a town, I drive a lot of back road country roads, where I rarely run into anyone, more common to run into a deer than a person.

I want my brights to match my lows because I am used to that coming from my truck. The difference in seeing ability is like night and day.

If that's what you want then just buy it and installed it into your high beam.

I'm running Noyak 2500K hyper yellow bulbs on my high beam and it's more than enough light output (if I ever need to use it).

Back