New Bumper Q's ???????

Kyle0614

Reaction score
Ok, here is the deal, I am giving my car a facelift, just in the front for right now and I want the 98-00 bumper cover on my 2002 Coupe SE 4cyl, is this a direct swap?

The reason I want this bumper is because I want a lip and there is just not much available for 01-02, anyways, any help is much appreciated, thanks.

Kyle

imaricer:)

Reaction score
it will work. i think the 02 hoods are longer so u might have problems where the grill meets the hood.

i have an 02 sedan bumper on my 99 sedan and it sticks out a lil bit where im talking about. other than that it looks good.

Kyle0614

Reaction score
so.........the bumper cover itself is the only thing i need to buy? as in none of the inbetween stuff like the absorber and etc...

and i could get a 98-00 hood?

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
The reason I want this bumper is because I want a lip and there is just not much available for 01-02

:lawl: what are you talking about? you can physically put any of the lips on both bumpers.

it comes down to putting in the time and effort.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Hoods are the same between coupes. Sedans wanting coupe bumpers need coupe hoods. Bumper covers are a straight swap between 6gen and 6.5gen.

Kyle0614

Reaction score
:lawl: what are you talking about? you can physically put any of the lips on both bumpers.

it comes down to putting in the time and effort.

Not the type-r or mgn lip for 98-00 coupes, to make them fit you have to ghetto mod the crap with cutting and what not, i want to do it the right way with a 98-00 bumper, so there is no cut modding.

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
Not the type-r or mgn lip for 98-00 coupes, to make them fit you have to ghetto mod the crap with cutting and what not, i want to do it the right way with a 98-00 bumper, so there is no cut modding.

clearly you're new around these parts or you wouldn't assume I didn't know that :lawl:

and yes, I can see you want to go the lazier route. That's fine.

it's really not that bad to mod them though dude..

Back