new flywheel and clutch not engaging?

cantafordaccord

Reaction score
ok so I just got back from my car. thought i was done putting it back together and ready to drive.

I just put a brand new act flywheel and exedy stage 2 3 thick puck clutch in my f23 (2001 accord 4cyl) transmision basicly the same tranny as an h22.

got the car in reverse something didnt seem right all of the sudden the car didnt move i made it about 30 feet tried switching gears still nothing. you can hear when the clutch is relesed (sounds like) friction.

the car would not move we checked the master cyl shift linkage ect. everything seems to be ok.

I had the car on jackstands and was topping the coolant off and burping the system. the car was in neutral and the wheels were spinning but you could easily stop them after a while they allmost stopped on there own after a few minutes.

any advice or insight as to what is going on here would be great I do not know what is up and am dreading the removal of the engine/tranny again.

am I right to assume that it may be the pilot bearing?

thanks in advance

dcmystery21

Reaction score
the act flywheel should have come with a new pilot bearing already installed into it. im pretty certain it would be making a metal scraping noise if it was bad.

when the car is in gear and the clutch is released, the car still sits there? even with gas?

cantafordaccord

Reaction score
yep just sits ther after it drove in reverse about 40 feet. i have pulled the engine and tranny again trying a stock replacement disc. we will see if that works if not I am going to have to go through everything all over again.................

the 3 puck disc was only contacting about 1/8th inch on the outside edges of the disc so I decided to try the new stock disc.

Back