New from Ft. Lauderdale, FL 954 w/ pics of new ride!

teggyturbo

Reaction score
Hi Folks!

Glad I found a new home for myself. I hope I can keep this car long enough to enjoy this msg board.

So here it is... about 4 days ago, I have purchased this from craigslist. Seller works under a dealer license, and buys wrecked and sells cars after repairs. The damage, and what was replaced:

1. Front Bumper
2. Hood
3. Passenger side fender
4. Radiator
5. Condenser

And fresh black paint around. 2000 Accord LX w/ABS. No airbags. SRS + ABS light on. Please let me know if you think it is worth it for $4,000:

http://miami.craigslist.org/brw/cto/1321050582.html (while listing is still up)

CIMG0993.jpg

I'll be posting more pix up in my DropBox. Get 2.25gb FREE of online sync space, and I'll get 256mb more also! :)

https://www.getdropbox.com/referrals/NTE2MTI1NDA5 :thumbsup:

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
I dont know about anyone else but I'd pay 4000 for it. Glad you are around. Searching the forum for answers to your questions is your best friend. Sit back, relax, and watch your money dissapear.:thumbsup:

ActNow

Reaction score
Nice pick up just buy a safety harness with your choice racing seat bolt everything down the right way. You won't need an airbag.

Welcome to 6GA

teggyturbo

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys. AllGoNoShow, thanks again for being the first person ever to welcome me onto this board.

So, even with a rebuilt/salvaged title, $4k is a good deal? Tires decent, all windows work, interior/exterior pretty decent aside from a couple dings, drives and shifts good.

Here is things it does need or doesn't work:

High beam bulbs (one is in, but doesn't work), 3rd rear break light out, driver side door switch, ABS... actually all are electrical... hoping something is wrong electrically!

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome guys. AllGoNoShow, thanks again for being the first person ever to welcome me onto this board.

So, even with a rebuilt/salvaged title, $4k is a good deal? Tires decent, all windows work, interior/exterior pretty decent aside from a couple dings, drives and shifts good.

Here is things it does need or doesn't work:

High beam bulbs (one is in, but doesn't work), 3rd rear break light out, driver side door switch, ABS... actually all are electrical... hoping something is wrong electrically!

:thumbsup:

teggyturbo

Reaction score
Well I will definitely be scourging the board looking for fixes to me electrical issues!

... there is two other issues actually, one major that I just found out about yesterday. Since there was tranny fluid leaking, I brought it in to a shop to get it checked out. They said the leak was from a tranny hose going to the radiator. So I thought I was good there, as that shouldn't be a hard fix?

So I felt more confident my ride was a decent deal... UNTIL, I put the car in reverse, and gave it some gas. I'm getting this grinding type or noise when giving a bit of gas going in reverse... been tryna Google for answers for the last couple days... I am hoping to find some answers here soon. :icon_toilet:

teggyturbo

Reaction score
Thanks juicebox00!

I was reading my old posts from 2004 on a then popular site, Honda-Acura.com

I think the reason they died down is because the forum wasn't specific enough. Yeah?

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
The grinding could be caused by the leaky tranny fluid hose which would cause air to get into the tranny therefore causing air pockets inside the actual transmission which in turn leads to grinding. When air gets inside a transmission it causes the tranny fluid to form around the air bubbles which causes an uneven coating of transmission fluid I would get that hose fixed ASAP, drain and re fill the tranny fluid. And then see what Happens.

The trainy could be one of the faulty automatics like a lot of us have been thru

Couldve been an abused tranny and the previous owner might have not waited for the car to come to a complete stop before shifting into and out of reverse

Back