New here

iDReamer36

Reaction score
Hey everyone I'm new here. I've always had a Honda but this is my first Accord. It's a 98 Ex coupe. I've had her for a little over 2 years now I think but never really put much effort into her due to bad experiences in the past ( had a gsr hooked up got stolen and didn't get anything back). I would like to start working on this car though, not to say I haven't put some work into her just hasn't been a goal of mine until now. The old motor blew so I have a JDM motor with around 40k miles on it and would like to make that motor the best it can be. Any advice? I'll post some pics up later if anyone wants to see.

james'99

Reaction score
Welcome! Looking for noticeable gains? I personally think an intake is one of the best things you can do for this car that is cost effective. Of course you could go the whole way with exhaust/headers but its all about what you want to spend. Are you manual or auto?

james'99

Reaction score
You can also get small gains out of doing things like a big 3 upgrade and little things like that. It's really hard to say though. Especially if you are autotragic.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your GSR, people suck. There is a lot of info on 4cyl swaps here, H22, H23, F20, etc.

Welcome to the site, hope to see you around!

iDReamer36

Reaction score
I only drive manual no offense to auto just not my thing, way too boring for me. I already have headers so I guess an intake sounds nice. Never had a cold air intake, but I have heard good things/not so good things. What do you guys think on what a good affordable intake would be?

james'99

Reaction score
I only drive manual no offense to auto just not my thing, way too boring for me. I already have headers so I guess an intake sounds nice. Never had a cold air intake, but I have heard good things/not so good things. What do you guys think on what a good affordable intake would be?

Personally, I can only drive manual too. I dislike auto. I hate the lack of control. As for an intake, I'd go short ram. Cold air, if you aren't careful and drive through a puddle that is substantial enough, you could potentially hydrolock your motor. My intake is an ebay intake that came with my car. I'm happy with it. I had to fabricate a bracket for it but overall, it's been good to me. I think this route is good if you can fabricate the right part because its cheap and you can just replace the filter.

Ty92x

Reaction score
I have an Injen CAI and it's pretty good what's nice about it though is that it can be converted to short ram if needed

iDReamer36

Reaction score
Ok I'm finding a bunch of cheap no name brand short ram intakes on ebay and then I see the Injen and AEM ones for at least $150. How big a difference are they from each other?

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Check out the various product review threads.

Great place to start to get an idea of performance/cost and recommended products used by actual members.

iDReamer36

Reaction score
Short recap of recent events...
About a little over a month ago I was in an accident, not my fault.
Insurance took forever to reimburse me for the damages caused.
My mechanic fixed my car.
Got a new 01 bumper, and new black housing headlights.
Had a little extra money to play with so I also got an alarm tints, HID's, and a few other miscellaneous parts.

Back