New Lite restoration kit (56k)

kn0x47

Reaction score
I know how much you guys like restoring headlight lenses so here's one I used years ago. I know there are already 2 reviews for kits but this one is worth posting. The other's are the 3M and the Meguiars.

Product: New Lite Headlight Cleaner and Restoration
Place: mdwholesale
Price: $15.99 plus $9.99 shipping
Contents: 3 bottles of different solutions, 2 or 3 sheets of thos thick blue paper towels
Rating: 8/10

This kit is great for people that are uncomfortable using sandpaper on their headlights. I gave it a 8/10 because it's the most expensive of the three and because it only works if there isn't extreme oxidation on the lens. (extreme meaning that if your lens feels rough, this kit wont really do anything for you).

I used it on my old camry and my sister's altima. unfortunately, the camry got totaled and the altima was sold so I can't give a long term review of it but I have pics of my altima.

Before
P3060007.jpg

P3040003.jpg

After
P3060011.jpg

And comparison with passenger side lens restored
P3060009.jpg

P3060008.jpg

After I cleaned the lenses my sister and her husband were amazed that they could actually see down the road at night

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Nice man. I should really does this to my fiance's Alero.

Since plastic doesn't oxidize, do you mean if the lens has faded from sunlight and it doesn't feel smooth like the rest of it, that this wouldn't work for someone?

kn0x47

Reaction score
lenses oxidize thats what causes yellowing. the roughness i was talking about is after the uv film comes off and it gets damaged from debris and the sun.
i tried to use this stuff on a guy's mustang that his headlights were so messed up he couldnt see much of anything at night. if you touched his lenses they felt really rough. the solutions didn't do anything for it

shenaniganz08

Reaction score
This really isn't the proper method of restoring headlights. Wetsanding, buffing, polishing, and (the most important part) sealing is the correct and effective way to restore headlights. Usually you get what you pay for, I'd recommend this kit: http://www.autogeek.net/plastik-lens-cleaning.html

$60 is way too much

the 3m kit is about right, but just make sure you buy more sandpaper grits ( buy some 1500) and more 3m rubbing compound and you should be set

kn0x47

Reaction score
This really isn't the proper method of restoring headlights. Wetsanding, buffing, polishing, and (the most important part) sealing is the correct and effective way to restore headlights. Usually you get what you pay for, I'd recommend this kit: http://www.autogeek.net/plastik-lens-cleaning.html

well you can see from my pics that the stuff made a big difference. oh, and the 3rd bottom of solution in the kit is a sealant.
but, no I won't necessarily say this kit will make your headlights look brand new. its just a reasonably priced kit for people that aren't comfortable sanding handlights

matty2013

Reaction score
Wow, does a nice job! I did mine with wet sand and I touch it up with compound and sealant at the end of the summer, and start again next summer :p

Cruatchi

Reaction score
Since this thread is about restoring headlights, i thought i'd contribute my experience with Plastx

Before.jpg

After.jpg

If you're trying to get rid of light hazing, Plastx does the job pretty good

Back