"New" member So.Cal.

cvjoint

Reaction score
Been lurking around for years, even before I got my Accord. It's been a long ride, it's still my first and only car so far. I'm choosing to continuously upgrade the Accord instead of getting another platform. I'm going to keep it as long as the chassis remains stiff. Anyway, I'm going to be posting every now and then around here, so HI!

George

Somewhat current pic:
07122009872.jpg

2000 Deep Velvet Blue Accord EX 4 cyl 5speed 202whp, 175wtq, 3050lbs curb weight w/o sub/amp rack 3200lbs w/ removable amp/sub rack.

juicebox00

Reaction score
welcome to the site, and are those numbers from the dyno or just speculation?

cvjoint

Reaction score
Thanks! That's my last dyno at Church Automotive, not my best run, got 212.5whp before I crashed the car at Glendora and since have changed the exhaust to something more restrictive:sad:

juicebox00

Reaction score
Thanks! That's my last dyno at Church Automotive, not my best run, got 212.5whp before I crashed the car at Glendora and since have changed the exhaust to something more restrictive:sad:

when you say glendora do you mean GMR? if so how often do you go cause i'll be hitting it pretty soon once i move out to pomona

cvjoint

Reaction score
when you say glendora do you mean GMR? if so how often do you go cause i'll be hitting it pretty soon once i move out to pomona

Yep! There is a 3 person crew, we go once a month or so. My car has been in the shop a lot lately so I haven't been there in over a month now. First time I took my car there, even after crashing it I knew that's what I was going to build the car for. Short technical courses rule, and since it's not a track...no entry fee!

jwong512

Reaction score
Welcome! I'm digging the ride. When I first read your specs, I thought you had a F23 and turboed it to 202whp but then I scrolled down and realized you had a H22 :p . Maybe I'll see you at the next Socal meet!

cvjoint

Reaction score
O I understand. Sounds like a solid build! Props.

Custom 3 inch stainless steel mendrel bent dual exhaust, Magnaflow metal substrate 3 inch 300 cell high flow cat, dual 18 inch straight though resonators, offset offset chambered magnalfow 3 inch resonator, dual apexi WSII turbo 80mm inlet mufflers.

Hytech style header

Aem V2 CAI

Hondata S300 tuned at Church Automotive on the Dynapack

Greddy Kevlar belts

H23 manual tensioner

Endyn Race Oil Pump

Unorthodox racing PS pulley

Irragi 180amp HO Alt

Blacktrax intake manifold spacer

These are all the power related mods as far as I can remember. Every one of them was a lot of trial and error and research to get working right. Two dumb mods are still on the list, the pulley and the chambered resonator, the later at least gives the car a pleasant sound, the pulley is useless.

I'm a long way from being done. I can use quite a bit more power at GMR.

Back