New members getting lazy

rooky

Reaction score
The longer I am on the forum the more I realize Grasshoppers join to post a QUICK HELP! QUESTION? The most irritating is the question they ask is already asked in another thread on top/below of their thread. :facepalm: Then when you slap them with facts they whine and cry about price and expense and gets disrespectful then apologize. This Forum should be like Clash of Clans where senior member can give them a boot on their way out.:bump::bawl:

NEWBIES SEARCH BUTTON :hitit:

f23.Tetsusaiga

Reaction score
I don't know. I think it's good to try our best to be tolerant of all people. Not everyone joining this forum is of a certain mold. We have a full spectrum of users, and I think that's healthy. Yeah we have grasshoppers, but we also have die hard 6thgen fans and even those in betweeners. We also have those who work on their cars down to the engine and those who chose not to, for whatever reason.
I myself lurked for a solid year before joining, just wasn't ready yet.
Don't get me wrong, I can see how that's frustrating to some users. I just want the inbetweeners scared away!
:ehcapt:

guytv

Reaction score
I don't know. I think it's good to try our best to be tolerant of all people. Not everyone joining this forum is of a certain mold. We have a full spectrum of users, and I think that's healthy. Yeah we have grasshoppers, but we also have die hard 6thgen fans and even those in betweeners. We also have those who work on their cars down to the engine and those who chose not to, for whatever reason.
I myself lurked for a solid year before joining, just wasn't ready yet.
Don't get me wrong, I can see how that's frustrating to some users. I just want the inbetweeners scared away!
:ehcapt:

I agree.

Souryu

Reaction score
In the beginning I was definitely guilty of just posting topics without searching the forums before-hand, I make it a habit to search the forum before I post now and 99 percent of the time I find what I need but sometimes there's that 1 percent (like the topic I recently posted) that I can't find anywhere, even on google.

This community here is a great one and I've always appreciated all of the help that I've received from it. It's just a shame that we do actually have people who do not try to learn and would instead rather be rude.

Varnell

Reaction score
I agree with Tetsusaiga. I'd estimate that only a small percentage of people currently joining the forum have worked on cars before. With the average price of a 6th gen dropping below $3k, for most members these will be their first car. If I recall correctly, I received the same "search" advice in my first thread. Luckily I had been a member on a video game forum about ten years ago so I was familiar with searching. Not everyone has that background experience.

sb001

Banned
Reaction score
The longer I am on the forum the more I realize Grasshoppers join to post a QUICK HELP! QUESTION? The most irritating is the question they ask is already asked in another thread on top/below of their thread. :facepalm: Then when you slap them with facts they whine and cry about price and expense and gets disrespectful then apologize. This Forum should be like Clash of Clans where senior member can give them a boot on their way out.:bump::bawl:

NEWBIES SEARCH BUTTON :hitit:

I think YOU need to be booted off of here for giving bad advice to people.

Did it ever occur to you that not everyone here has the knowledge to rebuild or replace an automatic transmission themselves, or the money to continually throw at such an expense since apparently it's always going to be a recurring issue?? If it was a certain one time fix, OR if Honda would man up and help with the repair, that might be one thing, but there is NOTHING posted here or anywhere else that says either of those is the case. Your advice is based on nothing other than you apparently love 6th gen Hondas and will readily forgive the company for engineering a known faulty automatic transmission.

Last edited:

rooky

Reaction score
f23.Tetsusaiga, guytv, Souryu and Varnell made some great point I never thought of it that way. I will help anyone but at least put in some work first. I also give credit to our forum because other Honda Accord forum is not organize and their web design is WACK.

FINGERS DO THE WALKING HERE:repost2:

rooky

Reaction score
I think YOU need to be booted off of here for giving bad advice to people.

Did it ever occur to you that not everyone here has the knowledge to rebuild or replace an automatic transmission themselves, or the money to continually throw at such an expense since apparently it's always going to be a recurring issue?? If it was a certain one time fix, OR if Honda would man up and help with the repair, that might be one thing, but there is NOTHING posted here or anywhere else that says either of those is the case. Your advice is based on nothing other than you apparently love 6th gen Hondas and will readily forgive the company for engineering a known faulty automatic transmission.

SWERVE http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51558 and SWERVE again http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51567

Last edited:

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
Just putting in my opinion. Please don’t slay me :mf_pcwhack:

While it is frustrating having new members pop in for a quick help me question without first searching, we need to keep in mind that this IS a place for said questions whether it had been asked before is irrelevant. A lot of people don’t know forums well or even how to hunt down an answer to their question that may be buried in a thread with an indirect title. Even when someone gets an answer that we all understand and agree with, not everyone understands the context or terminology of what they read. People come from many walks of life and just want quick help with something they don’t understand, it’s a very common trait. We have all been forum noobs at some point and many have been in keyboard wars. Sure, it’s a learning experience but as members (new and old) of a great forum it is up to us to make sure that we all have a positive experience. We can guide noobs on proper forum etiquette, etc. Without members there is no forum, without new members there is no growth.

Is it safe to say that a part of the reason we have grasshoppers is because of negative first impressions, even from just a single member? I have been part of many forums in the past and some I never gave a second chance because of the community and egos within. It's simple to respectfully provide a link or a “please search” or even keywords to search for. It usually doesn’t take long and who knows, that new member who decided to stay due to the positive experience and quality info we have at our disposal, becomes a great contributor to the forum over time. We don’t need indirect/direct complaint threads here unless there is one general complaint thread?

Last edited:
Back