New PSPEC short shifter kits available January 2008!!

HomerJay

Reaction score
I received a message the other day that a new version of the PSPEC short shifter kit is going to be available in January. The kits are almost complete; he is waiting on delivery of some stainless parts in January. From the sounds of it, the kits are waiting to go as soon as that part arrives. I can't wait!!...:driving:

This is the email I received:

The new PSPEC tuning shifters are almost here! This message is being sent to everyone that has emailed me and asked to be added to my waiting list for 97-01 Prelude and 98-02 Accord shifter kits. Since there are hundreds of you that have contacted me over the last year, I am starting a new Official Waiting List. This new official list will give me a better idea of how many of you are actually interested in buying a kit right when they come out.

I have been hard at work trying to make enough kits so that everyone that has been waiting for one will get one. To guarantee that you will definitely get a kit when they come out, please take the time to add yourself to the official waiting list. Everyone added to the Official Waiting List will have priority to get a kit when they come out.

The new 97-01 Prelude and 98-02 Accord kits have been completely redesigned. They feature all new machined parts, new features for the kits, and a new, easier method of installation.

New features include:

Height adjustable (this feature gives you a range for how tall you want your shifter to be when installed. There are six height settings in the new kit. This gives you the option to sink the knob down so that it sits really low, or have it near stock height and still have the reduced throw)

Throw adjustable (this feature gives you the option to shorten or lengthen your throw reduction. The range is from near factory throw all the way up to the maximum throw reduction. There are four throw settings in the new kit so you can decide the right throw/height combo for you.)

Precision shoulder bolt (this new design replaces the old shift bushing and makes for an easier shift cable to shifter install)

New shift boot collar (The new shift boot collars have been redesigned to fit your factory shift boot by replacing your existing shift boot collar. All kits come with the new shift boot collar and you decide whether or not you want to use your factory boot/knob combo or use the new shift boot collar with the knob of your choice. This feature allows you to use an aftermarket knob and still have a clean install because it replaces the factory boot collar which is designed to work only with the factory knob)

Shifter Retaining Ring (The new shifter retaining ring allows you to easily and quickly install your shifter into your car and removes the problems that some users had while installing the shifter with the old method.)

Shifter Hard Bushings (A first for PSPEC, we now include four hard shifter frame bushings that replace your factory rubber frame bushings. This reduces flex in the shifter frame especially when doing fast shifts. This improves the precise feel of the shift)

As before, all parts of the kit are either 303 stainless steel or black anodized aluminum. All hardware is stainless steel. The kits will come with Loctite, grease and Allen keys. Shift knobs are no longer included with the kit. I have a limited supply of knobs from the old kits that can be requested for an additional fee. The shifter is designed to accept the factory M10X1.5MM shift knob thread (or any knob that fits this thread). I will be updating my website with new photos, and new install instructions. The new kits will include install instructions in the package and the new packaging has the PSPEC logo printed on the box. Parts will come vacuum sealed in the box. A sticker will be included in the box.

I would like to add that I personally designed these kits. I dealt directly with the head CNC machinist when setting up the machines to run these parts. I personally ran the machines when making my parts. I did all the quality control during machining and made sure that all critical tolerances were held for all the thousands of parts. I did the de-burring and dealt directly with the metal finishers. Lastly I am doing the packaging and assembly. It’s not often that you can purchase a product where engineering, machining, quality control, and assembly are all done by the same person. This is better for you because it removes ALL confusion during the manufacturing process and you benefit from that by getting exactly what the engineer intended in the first place.

I tried very hard to get these done by Christmas. Unfortunately I am awaiting delivery of one part of the kit that is tying everything up. This part is scheduled to be delivered in the first week of January. I will begin shipping when the part arrives. Even with all these new features and several more machined parts than the last kit, I will be offering this kit at the same $200+$20 shipping price to everyone on the Official Waiting List. If you have any Holiday money left over please consider my product when deciding what to buy. These kits will DEFINATELY be out in January. I would like to ask if you could visit your favorite forums and help spread the word about my new kits. PSPEC is a small business that does not have huge marketing accounts for advertising. The success of PSPEC has been solely because of internet forum users like you that manage to find me on the world wide web because of good word of mouth from other forum users.

Lastly, a new kit for 2002+ RSX and 2001+ Civic should launch by the end of January. This means that nearly everyone with a K-series engine/tranny swap can get a PSPEC shifter too. For example, a 1992 Honda civic hatch with a K20a in it can get a PSPEC shifter for that application.

If you took the time to read this entire email, Thank You. I have created a new email address on my website just for the Official Waiting List.

So if you'd be ready to purchase immediately upon release, send a message to the Official Waiting List address above. Do not post the email as text on boards, etc. as it will be picked up for spam. For additional information, use the second email address above.

I have been assured there are plenty of kits available for sale. I would assume there would be some order to the response should demand outweigh supply but that's only my assumption. All I know is I've been waiting a long time for this one!!...:D

Last edited:

00AccordLX5spd

Reaction score
Dang. maybe now I'll have to coax the wife into letting me spend $220 on one of these. This looks much, much better than my previous plan of chopping the shifter 2" and threading it myself.

I4 CG5

Reaction score
The height and throw adjustability are really cool. Too bad I don't have $220.00 to spend on a short throw

Back