New speedometer

DfeAt01

Reaction score
He took out the circuit board. Hmmm. I was thinking of doing this and placing it into another cluster. Thanks for the pix Ldawg.

LouDa601aCcorD

Reaction score
i got a new cluster and my temp gauge shoots straight up to hot when u turn the key. could i do this to replace the temp gauge?

I4 CG5

Reaction score
^^I think that the 98-00 and 01-02 clusters are different. I'm pretty sure the pins for the temp gauge are in different locations.

Zero-Defect

Reaction score
i got a new cluster and my temp gauge shoots straight up to hot when u turn the key. could i do this to replace the temp gauge?

Yeah, but it'd be kind of a waste of money for just the temp gauge, considering I think the cheapest I've seen the clusters go for was like $30. If you found anyone who had a spare temp gauge you could possibly buy it off of em.... Actually one more possibility would be to get a cluster from a junkyard (if you have any by you that have our models, consider yourself lucky)

LouDa601aCcorD

Reaction score
i took the 2 apart and the pins are located in diffrent places. my 99 is top, right, bottom and the 02 is left, bottom, right. i am going to try to solder another pin in my 02 cluster and see if that works. i am trying to not buy another cluster if i can help it, there are no junkyards around here with 6th gens.

Zero-Defect

Reaction score
Whoa, who said anything about using another board? I was talking about the gauges that attach to it. Unless you have no problem with different mileages on your odometer (I know I care, but that's just me), just use the gauges from the new cluster, and replace the ones on your original with them. No legal way to change the mileage on the new odometer to match the original (otherwise it's Tampering).

Back