New Suspension

scomstock55

Reaction score
Hello All,
I am beginning my journey into this modification business and would greatly appreciate some advice. I want to get a new suspension for my '01 Accord EXV6, but I dont want to change the feel of the ride too much. I like the smooth feel, but want to be lower. What is the best way to go about this? Thanks in advance for your help.

fastflyinaccord

Reaction score
We have an entire thread on reviews of suspension set ups. It's in the product review forum.

There are a number of ways you can go: full coilovers, spring and shock combo, or coilover sleeve and shock combo. Most folks would recommend full coilovers as they offer the most adjustability.

Since you want to try to keep a comfortable ride, Tein products might be your best bet. What you need to do is look at the spring rates of the products you are researching. The higher the number of rate, the stiffer the ride is. For a comfortable ride, I'd say stick with a spring rate at 8kg or under.

But beware, if you are lowering your car, the ride quality will change no matter what.

todd_cards

Reaction score
Like fast said, lowering is nothing like stock ride that's for sure. You got to want to be lowered to enjoy the ride:lolhitting:

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
If you go with Tein you can go decently low while maintaining about as smooth of a ride as possible. But, you won't be able to slam it like many other setups, that in contrast are stiffer.

All depends on your priorities

scomstock55

Reaction score
thanks for the advice...I am kind of stuck...I want the low look, but not the ride..but I will lower it and learn to love it...if not, just change it back...I am going to look into the Tein stuff...thanks again.

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
Don't plan on tucking tire at all with Tein. You'll most likely have a 1/2 finger gap or more, at the lowest settings.

xKevo

Reaction score
its hard to have both, you're going to have to sacrifice one or the other. and everyone's tolerance to the "smoothness" of their ride differs from one to another.so it's hard to know for sure.

scomstock55

Reaction score
Don't plan on tucking tire at all with Tein. You'll most likely have a 1/2 finger gap or more, at the lowest settings.

so, If I get a Tein set up, I wont have to do the fender lip roll thing? That sounds great. I have watched a few videos on the process, it doesnt seem that bad, but not doing it seems better!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Depends on wheel/tire width. Teins are soft, so if the tires are flush with the fender and you go to their lowest setting and leave only half finger gap, you could rub. Especially on bumps and dips in the road. If your wheel specs aren't that aggressive then you'll be fine.

Back