new to the forum and need suggestions

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
that "other tube" is the line for the coolant to go to the throttle body. i did my own revisions regarding that, only for cleanliness. but i have seen others just put a breather on the valve cover and just push that out of the way. tho, its really not hard to just connect the tube from the valve cover to whatever intake you buy. because odds are the intake you buy will have a tube for that on it.

you can all together delete the coolant line going to the tb, but since youre in VA, i wouldnt suggest that since thats what keeps your tb from freezing up in the winter.

CrosCntryAccord

Reaction score
to not be the bearer of bad news.... but you're not going to get performance out of this engine unless you have deep pockets

intake's only make our cars louder, exhausts only make them sound cooler (if its a good one) but there isn't a single bolt-on for the I-4 that will get you more power. Our car's have massively restrictive heads and your only real option to get more power is to get a cam, do some head work and realize that you haven't gained that much in the process

if i were you i'd just lower your car, keep it as a clean slow roller and enjoy it

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
i cant push it out of the way cause its attached to the breather tube.

yea, but if you put a breather filter on the valve cover, then that tube has nothing to attach to. then you can kind of push it out of the way. but then it looks tacky.

honestly man, dont worry about it. just buy an intake, and hook it all up right.

and like john said, dont expect any huge gains out of the simple bolts ons like an intake, header, and an exhaust. the only thing those things will do are maybe give you a little more HP in the top end, and kill your tq down low....and of course the sound from the exhaust and intake too. but thats it really. if you really want power, go turbo.

but remember, lower it first, haha.

rva6thgen

Reaction score
i forgot i had a k&n air filter i bought awhile back for my GTI. im just going to go buy some 3" piping from some auto place around here cause i mean it all works the same right?

and im about to cop some adj coilovers and tien springs off this guy on craigslist. $250 for it all

kurtage77

Reaction score
To answer your question, like LoveLee said, a drop "should" be your first mod.
Pretty much everyone here will tell you that lol, but do what you want!! It's your car!
And if a drop is your first mod, drop however much you want and take your time thinking about it and saving up.
Do it right the first time :thumbsup:

Oh yea and welcome to the forum!

dharding413

Keep it simple.
Reaction score
welcome to the forum, tons of great stuff on here
im in powhatan, just west of richmond
glad to see virginia gettin some more 6ga love :thumbup:

rva6thgen

Reaction score
just added my intake today. sounds good but it feels like theres no throttle response. or is it just because im not used to the sound?

i reset my ecu so it would recognize the new intake but please help.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
just added my intake today. sounds good but it feels like theres no throttle response. or is it just because im not used to the sound?

i reset my ecu so it would recognize the new intake but please help.

thats just how it is. i know when i had my stock intake on, the car def had a little more tq, because of how restrictive it was. an intake would really only show gains at the top end, pretty much like an exhaust.

Back