New to the world of Accords and Hondas

lodown

Reaction score
Hello my name is Scott and live in southern Indiana just north of Evansville. I have just recently acquired a 98 Accord sedan with a V6. In the few months I've had it I have replaced the motor mounts, gottin rid of the 40 series tires and put new drop springs on cause the PO had cut the springs so bad it was unsafe to drive. I've also done a little interior mods, but mainly just clean, clean, clean cause it was in bad shape. I have been doing a lot of reading and learning looking forward to really getting my project started. Here is a pic of my ride.
accord12.jpg

LeBirdNest

Titleist
Reaction score
Good start man.

Switch site skins to juice + and use that search bar. :lawl:

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
It seems like you know what you're doing. Good job & good luck on the restoration project. Looking forward to seeing your member's ride thread one day. P.S. I'm curious about your hood. (It looks interesting.)

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Welcome to the site.

Enjoy.

Thought those were 8th Gen Coupe wheels at first glance.

Happy Modding.

lodown

Reaction score
thanks for the welcomes everyone, this is my first Honda, always been a lowrider had a few fullsize chevy pickups and also in the middle of redoing a dime, which has always been a favorite of mine. My son bought this and after a few months decided he wanted to go back to what he really enjoys and is presently looking for another Jeep or fullsize GM 4x4. I started driving the Cord and fell in love with it. i have seen so many cool looking Hondas and my brain is turning with ideas for mine. it's my DD so mods will be a slow process as I'm not in a great big hurry. As for the hood the PO had stripped the hood because the PO before him had covered the hood, deck lid and front spoiler in pink and blk zebra print duct tape, yes I said duct tape. he had shot it with the silver paint just to cover it up. my son and i were goofing around and i said it needs a big red slash mark across the hood, so that is what we did. I figured since its under construction and will eventually be painted, what the heck. Here are a couple more shots of what I have named "Project Accord"
accord10.jpg

the hood
accord1.jpg

a good side shot, right now I'm running two different size tires, 205x50x17 on the front and 225x50x17 on the back. eventually I think i'm going to a 225 or 235 45 series are the way around. I was looking at getting some new wheels but really like the look of these so they are staying.
accord5.jpg

heres a pic of the interior mods so far, as you can see I've painted some of the dash pieces and covered the inserts on the door panels. i have also taken off the headrests.
I've rambled enough but wanted to share a little background. I'm really enjoying the site and learning a bunch thanks again for welcoming me in. I will work on getting a build thread put together soon.

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
take off tht wheel cover :lawl:

and good job restoring her... welcome :beer:

Back