Nightshade and an Oven

metrick1235

Reaction score
So im going to redo the inside of my taillights and re-chrome the inside. They got water in them last year due to a leak in the seal, and flaked all the chrome off the reverse lights buckets.. So my reverse is pretty much the bulb and not bright enough... I have Nightshaded my Tail lights and was wondering if anyone has put nightshaded taillights in the oven... or if anyone has any ideas to fix my issue..

cirsurvive711

Reaction score
So im going to redo the inside of my taillights and re-chrome the inside. They got water in them last year due to a leak in the seal, and flaked all the chrome off the reverse lights buckets.. So my reverse is pretty much the bulb and not bright enough... I have Nightshaded my Tail lights and was wondering if anyone has put nightshaded taillights in the oven... or if anyone has any ideas to fix my issue..

I'm having the same issue only on 3 / 4 lights.. I'm just waiting to come across a good deal on some good looking replacements. I removed the amber in mine too.

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Worst case scenario you'll need to re-tint them. Buy spray tint, use if needed or return depending on outcome

RaVaGeSpEeD

Reaction score
Why are you putting your tails in the oven?
Sand. Nightshade outside of tails. Clearcoat. Polish. The end.

imaricer:)

Reaction score
Why are you putting your tails in the oven?
Sand. Nightshade outside of tails. Clearcoat. Polish. The end.

so he can open them up to re do the reflective bucket for the reverse lights.

Op the nite shades shouldnt flake off or bubble in the oven since its only going to be in there for a few mins on such a low temp.

metrick1235

Reaction score
so he can open them up to re do the reflective bucket for the reverse lights. /QUOTE]

Correct ya im painting buckets..i thought i said that... guess not.. anywho i just got done taking my tails apart... cracked the reverse lens just a little.. but nothing a little crazy glue cant fix... waiting for paint tor dry now.. ill post pics of what they looked like on the inside before and after when i get them back on.. :) Thanks for all the help.. BTW 185 for 7 min is a great temp to bake at:duckhunt:

Back