Noise on passenger side of engine

shavedaccord

Reaction score
2001 v6

I got this weird ticking/knocking sound coming from the pulley side of the engine. I thought it was the idler tensioner pulley, so I replaced it but the sound it still there. I am 100% sure it's not a valve tick. Sounds like it's either coming from a pulley or something in that general area. Any help is GREATLY appreciated as this sound is quite loud and can be heard from inside the cabin. The last thing I need is people hearing a tick if they are looking to buy the car.

Last edited:

shavedaccord

Reaction score
ok so I figured out the problem thanks to a member on v6p. Turns out my OEM belt was stretched and wasn't tight enough which caused the pulley bracket/tensioner pulley to bounce up and down causing the internal bearings to click. Went and bought a new Goodyear GatorBack belt and she's quiet as can be.

jccg5

Reaction score
ok so I figured out the problem thanks to a member on v6p. Turns out my OEM belt was stretched and wasn't tight enough which caused the pulley bracket/tensioner pulley to bounce up and down causing the internal bearings to click. Went and bought a new Goodyear GatorBack belt and she's quiet as can be.

yea i read the thread on v6p

doogle

Banned
Reaction score
was it a random ticking or constant sound? I think it may be what I'm having

Back