Noise under valve cover

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
Also, can you prove the filter was defective?
If so, the store who sold it can be responsible as well as the manufacture

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Also, can you prove the filter was defective?
If so, the store who sold it can be responsible as well as the manufacture

I dont believe they could he held responsible unless he is an ASE certified mechanic, or had someone will a licsense to install the part. I guess he could always try. But I think it would be a long uphill battle.

EnjoiPugs

Reaction score
Guys, I readjusted the valves. They were not off by all that much. The exhaust side was the side off more, but only by about .002-/+ in. at max. Afterwards I started the engine and it's still tapping. It's also accompanied with a bad grinding sound.

I thought about contacting the filter manufacturer, which is FRAM, but I really have no proof and I am not certified and didn't take it to a shop, so I really don't see me getting anywhere. I just want to fix it, but I don't even know what to do next. They'd probably rail me with some crazy bill if I took it somewhere to get looked at too and I just don't have the money.

I am going to get a video of the noise up in a few minutes.

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
The only thing I can recommend is take it to a honda dealer to properly align the lifters.
That way if anything is screwed up, they'll be responsible

EnjoiPugs

Reaction score
I wish I could get the video uploaded. What site do you guys use to host?
And do you think it would be okay to drive to the dealership? That's like 10 miles away...
I think it may be out of my ability to fix. :(

H-town_Ryda_06

Reaction score
uhh if its grinding and you cant fix it... i would say time for a tow truck to take it to a certified mechanic... but thats just me

Last edited:

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
You probably damaged your engine a little bit. What I would do is, flush ur engine with amsoil and then do and oil change. Replace one qrt of oil with LUCAS OIL STABILIZER and your car will probably get quieter. Its very great stuff and most of the dealers will recommend it. Toyota does for their cars anyways.

You wont be able to tell exactly whats wrong unless u tear it apart. The dealer is just going to try to tell u, u need a new engine.

Just do what I told u and make sure ur oil changes are on time for now on. Drive it as long as u can. Keep an eye out on craigslist for a very cheap or good priced f23 and try to wait it out.

For future reference. Whenever your oil light comes on. Immediately shut off ur engine and don't turn it back on until you have found what's the problem.

******It wouldnt hurt tho to call the manufacture about the faulty part you received. There are some honest people in this world still, that live up to their product. Its very very few, sad to say. However, there are some left.********

Last edited:
Back