noob's system build (need your advice please)

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Not knocking your choices in products, but the fact that you were able to outfit your audio setup for $300 is not going to give you alot of flexibility. Doesn't mean what you want to use isn't good enough, but perhaps the money could be put to some better use. As Wildman stated, a 2Ohm sub would give you more flexibility rather than a 4Ohm. Not sure what that Alpine amp is rated at, but if that sub is rated at 270w, then your amp should have a max output rating of the same/close to.

Never used a D-Class amp personally, I would have suggested a Multi-channel/Mono amp set up myself, but that's personal preference. Since you are pretty much just upgrading your stock speakers and adding a sub, it's not bad for the budget you're working with. If you're patient though, and you save up some more, you'd be surprised at how much more option you'll have for your setup. Highly recommended that you give it some more time and try and put aside some more towards your budget.

Lxcord

Banned
Reaction score
thanks for the advice everyone, i will save up and get something better.

i bought my pioneer headunit from hookedontronics, i recommend them a lot !

Lxcord

Banned
Reaction score
a little update, i decided to go a slightly different route with my audio plans and bought a Infinity Basslink (single 10" self-powered sub) along with Infinity Kappa 6x5 63.9i 3-way car speakers and Infinity Kappa 692.9i 2-way 6x9 Speakers for the rear deck. I received the basslink today, but the speakers are still in shipping. I really think this setup has some potential.

so to recap my current simple audio system is

Pioneer AVHP4000 DVD - Headunit
Infinity Kappa 3 way -6x5 speakers
Infinity Kappa 2 way-6x9 speakers
Infinity Basslink - self powered Subwoofer

i may add a seperate amp for the kappas down the road, i also chose coaxial speakers for simpler installation, and i dont need components since i am not a die-hard audioguy. I also need to purchase some form of sound deadning for the speakers. I got this stuff for a pretty good deal, the baslink for $150 shipped, both front and back kappa speakers for $160 shipped. I also got a free amp wiring kit for the basslink, lol...

Last edited:

hondaspeedx

Reaction score
thanks for the advice everyone, i will save up and get something better.

i bought my pioneer headunit from hookedontronics, i recommend them a lot !

I've used them too with a lot of success and fast shipping to me. Some items they were a little pricey on, but I got my Kicker 0/1 gauge wiring from them and I couldn't beat the price elsewhere, even though I had to pay sales tax.

a little update, i decided to go a slightly different route with my audio plans and bought a Infinity Basslink (single 10" self-powered sub) along with Infinity Kappa 6x5 63.9i 3-way car speakers and Infinity Kappa 692.9i 2-way 6x9 Speakers for the rear deck. I received the basslink today, but the speakers are still in shipping. I really think this setup has some potential.

so to recap my current simple audio system is

Pioneer AVHP4000 DVD - Headunit
Infinity Kappa 3 way -6x5 speakers
Infinity Kappa 2 way-6x9 speakers
Infinity Basslink - self powered Subwoofer

i may add a seperate amp for the kappas down the road, i also chose coaxial speakers for simpler installation, and i dont need components since i am not a die-hard audioguy. I also need to purchase some form of sound deadning for the speakers. I got this stuff for a pretty good deal, the baslink for $150 shipped, both front and back kappa speakers for $160 shipped. I also got a free amp wiring kit for the basslink, lol...

Good luck with the system, keep up posted on the outcome. I just received the last component of my system, a 10" Alpine Type-X sub. With any luck I'm gonna try my hand at fiberglassing a custom enclosure this weekend that tucks in by the spare tire tools. I'm going with a sealed enclosure, however.

Sounds like your well on your way to a nice system :)

Back