not running right, really slow

Vomit_Comit

Reaction score
my 4cylinder has no exhaust because it got stolen. but when i start driving it its loud like open exhaust should be, but after a while or after the temp will get to 3/4 the sound changes and its quiet. 3 of my friends say it sounds simiular to a boost leak on their cars. when it does that its slow and when i floor it to see whats goin on and the rpm's go up until the top like 5k-redline, and the speed isnt going up at all. also during all this it smells like oil, almost like its dumping out of my car but im half a quart low from good on oil levels. please help!!!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
How does someone make off with a whole catback?

Were you having this problem when the exhaust was on the car?

Vomit_Comit

Reaction score
im not sure either but it was 3 pieces, there where bolts all over the street
ehhhh kinda, before it never went passed 4k when it did it but now it will rev up all the way and it guzzles gas like a hummer. i never seen the gas guage go down so fast before, a 2 mile tripp took a half a tank at cruising rpm

Vomit_Comit

Reaction score
yes probably what it is because it has something rattling around and i was just driving it like 10 min ago and the cat bounced off the ground and all this crap started again!!

Vomit_Comit

Reaction score
fixed it! it was the thing inside the cat, i guess you can say i have a high flow cat?
but now its leaking radiator fluid FML

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score
check ur hoses u just replaced it and it been hot as ****k this past week or 2

Back