O2 sensors

mraw112

Reaction score
idk about splicing i posted a thread on here about splicing the O2 sensor and they told me the air can get into the wires and the wires then feed wrong info into the ecu/ wiring needs to be air tight
ill take it anyways lol

There is no way that can happen. The wiring it self has no effect on the o2 sensors reading. Also is this for a secondary o2 senor or the primary? of its the secondary you can just use the spark plug nonfouler trick.

001Stunna

Reaction score
rockauto.com and sparkplugs.com have them. I've bought from both of them and actually warrantied from sparkplugs.com as well and they were hassle free.
One thing though is i have been told by certain ppl that apparently what denso sells to the public for our cars and what the sell to honda has a difference in the way it condones readings. True or not, iunno...

ILoveMyCG

Reaction score
primary O2 sensor specifically for our ULEV engine are expensive ($200) and I thought they only sell them at the dealers.
I have been driving my car with the check engine light on with a code reading something about manufacturing fuel air malfunction and my gas mileage haven't changed (25/26 per gal). Someone said i have to replace the O2 sensor but my car runs fine so I opt not to.
So if your car is running fine then you don't necessarily have to replace your O2 sensor if you're low on cash.

001Stunna

Reaction score
primary O2 sensor specifically for our ULEV engine are expensive ($200) and I thought they only sell them at the dealers.
I have been driving my car with the check engine light on with a code reading something about manufacturing fuel air malfunction and my gas mileage haven't changed (25/26 per gal). Someone said i have to replace the O2 sensor but my car runs fine so I opt not to.
So if your car is running fine then you don't necessarily have to replace your O2 sensor if you're low on cash.
What is the code that you're actually getting?

ILoveMyCG

Reaction score
^^
It's been awhile back since I scan my car and now i dont have the scanner anymore at the moment but the description was something like manufacturer fuel air ratio malfunction. The only difference in my car is that the idle tends to drop down after decelerating but goes back to normal in a couple of second.

9450erick

Reaction score
mine says P0135 nd P0141 but i know about the defouler and have the sparkplug defouler i just havent had the time to bore all the way through the sparkplug defouler
runs great but then again i dont know how it runs with the O2

finch13

Reaction score
There is no way that can happen. The wiring it self has no effect on the o2 sensors reading. Also is this for a secondary o2 senor or the primary? of its the secondary you can just use the spark plug nonfouler trick.

What can happen is the copper wiring can oxidize and create more resistance in the wire, cause a voltage drop and the ECU will recieve the wrong signal. Very possible.

I would rarely recommend splicing O2 wires together, but it sounds like cash is tight. If you do it correctly using crimp & seal or solder & seal butt connectors (they're spendy, so only buy a few), you should have no issues.

9450erick

Reaction score
what would happen if you put the secondary O2 sensor on the primary spot nd vise versa
and @ homedepot you can get like 8 waterproof/air tight butt connectors for like 5 bucks

finch13

Reaction score
what would happen if you put the secondary O2 sensor on the primary spot nd vise versa
and @ homedepot you can get like 8 waterproof/air tight butt connectors for like 5 bucks

Don't know... never tried to swap them. I don't think they're any different, function-wise. 4-wire heated oxygen sensor... meh.

As long as the connectors are the kind you heat and they shirnk to size and ooze out goopy **** to seal them. :thumbup:

Back