Odd steering / Chirping

Skyy

Reaction score
Alright, Im not quite sure how to explain this, but im going to try my best. This has been bothering me for a while now, and I can't seem to figure it out.

*I attempted searching, but wasn't quite sure how to describe the issue, therefore the results were all but helpful*

On both my girlfriends 6GA and my CRX, when turning the wheel while driving, at a certain point on each side, its feels as if the steering wheel has a drop off. By this I mean, at a certain point, it feels like the steering wheel almost gives in to the direction you are turning. There is no pressure, but its like the steering wheel goes limp. This is usually accompanied by some tire squealing.

For a better idea, here's a visual representation:

The flatline represent from 9-3 o'clock on the wheel

--- ______________________
-- / ----------------------- \
--/ ------------------------- \
-/ --------------------------- \

The dropoffs represent how the wheel feels after you hit 9 or 3 o'clock

The 6th gen has power steering, but my crx doesn't
The 6th gen is completely stock, but my crx is cambered out on coils and other suspension parts

If I didn't know better, I'd say they were both out of alignment. However, to my knowledge, the 6th gen had an alignment not even 6000 miles ago.

I've been floating this problem around in my head for the past couple months, but its really bothering me. Not to mention, it affects the turning capabilities of my car.

Discuss?

Last edited:
Back