OEM 98-00 Fogs Replacements

Solidus

Reaction score
Pics are up on my profile page for those interested to see how they look. And as far as light output, they are bright enough where you can use only these while driving and see a good amount of road in front of you. The reach of the fogs by themselves with just stock bulbs is 3-4 car lengths when adjusted properly.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
They look great, this style is my favorite for 98-00's. I find that the Raybrigs make a lot of usable light, I have PIAA's in mine and sometimes I use to just use them in certain situations because they lit things up so well. I stopped doing that though because good fog bulbs that have great output don't last more than a year or so if you use them consistently, so I only use mine when there actually is fog or when I'm on a two lane road in complete dark.

Solidus

Reaction score
^ I agree RR. This style is classic and super hard to get a hold of. The Raybrigs truely are some of the best if not the best fog lights I have seen. What you say about the bulbs is true that's why I'm just leaving stock bulbs for now because they last the longest and the light output from these stock bulbs is among the best I've seen from stock.

If you like the accord ones you'll like the pilot ones. The main difference is the Pilot ones are made for a bigger vehicle that needs to see further down the road due to a longer stopping time because of its heavier weight and bigger size. So in turn you get lights that reach further and cover more area.

These make a huge difference on the Accord in terms of driving visibility. Only down is project difficulty done the right way is 9 out of 10. You use the entire OEM Pilot fog kit and have to do a lot of custom work and have no room for error but is definitely worth it.

Wid

Reaction score
Whats involved with mounting these on the bumper? I imagine you can't use the mounting bracket that comes with it on our bumpers?

If I'm starting from scratch with just an OEM fog switch, what else is needed besides the complete pilot 03-05 fog kit? Looks great by the way.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^It looks like the mounting brackets are different, so no not the same as the Raybrigs.

Everything you need to install factory fogs comes in the kit you buy,and I think instructions are too. If not they’re online. All you need is the tools to do it – basic tools and something to cut into the airdam with.

Solidus

Reaction score
Whats involved with mounting these on the bumper? I imagine you can't use the mounting bracket that comes with it on our bumpers?

If I'm starting from scratch with just an OEM fog switch, what else is needed besides the complete pilot 03-05 fog kit? Looks great by the way.

Thank You.
You can use everything that comes with the kit except the plastic cover peices that are specific to the Pilot and the OEM fog switch thats specific to the Pilot.

IF ANYONE ATTEMPTS THIS PROJECT IM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PROBLEMS THAT OCCUR, ACCIDENTAL INCIDENTS, OR INGURIES. SAFETY ALWAYS COMES FIRST. ITS YOUR VEHICLE AND IF YOU FEEL THE JOB IS TO EXTENSIVE OR HARD FOR YOU TO DO ALWAYS SEEK PROFESSIONAL INSTALLATION.

What you'll need.

Complete 05 OEM Honda Pilot Fogs Kit (03-04 have different wire harness and set up is not as good)
25ft wire 16 gauge (what ever color you want) I did Red wire
External plastic shielding for the custom wire you make that is in the engine bay
Metal L bracketes 3x3 (Bought mine from Lowes)
Rubber washer to seal fire wall
Electrical tape
Bolt screws with nut to secure in back
OEM Accord Fog Switch
External single fuse holder for up to 24amp
Heat shrink (Get pack with longer strips, you can always cut them in half)
Female Dsub Connectors

As For Tools

Wire cutters and stripper
Ratchet and sockets
High torque drill
Metal drill bits from AutoZone
Measuring tape
Long ruler
Sharpie
Good Lighting
Hack Saw (To carefully cut bumper)
Metal cutting saw blades and saw (to custom cut OEM Pilot brackets and L brackets)

If I think of anything else Ill let you know.

These are heavy compared to the civic fogs so you cant just attach them to the bumper. YOU MUST ATTACH THEM TO THE FRAME. You are able to attach them to the frame using the OEM fog brackets and the L brackets. I attached mine to the bumper beam and trust me they are very secure there but its such a small space for our cars that you have no room for error. SO measure and measure again.

Solidus

Reaction score
^It looks like the mounting brackets are different, so no not the same as the Raybrigs.

Everything you need to install factory fogs comes in the kit you buy,and I think instructions are too. If not they’re online. All you need is the tools to do it – basic tools and something to cut into the airdam with.

The OEM Pilot Fogs are Raybrigs modified by Stanley and the OEM Pilot brackets can be used but must be custom cut.

Solidus

Reaction score
^Nice!

Did you buy it from here? Did you get the one with the trim or w/o the trim?

Yes thats the guy I bought them from and they are legit. When you order from them while your ordering there is a section where you can specify more details of your order before you submit your purchase payment (Buyer note to Seller). You must specify the type you want. The item number for the one I bought is 08V31-S9V-100C which is Foglight with lower trim cover.

Back