Oem header trade for megan racing

rick_dang1987

Reaction score
Im about to trade my stock header for a used good condition megan racing header, how much cash on top should i pay guys? :)

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imo, the oem quality far surprass the megan header. I would just do a straight trade. Most likely you will need to replace the gasket and look for cracks on the welds.

rick_dang1987

Reaction score
Depends.

OEM manifolds are worth almost nothing. I wouldn't pay more than $20-30 on top.

Imo, the oem quality far surprass the megan header. I would just do a straight trade. Most likely you will need to replace the gasket and look for cracks on the welds.

I know that but hes not gonna do a straight trade because his car will be sold easier with aftermartket parts than oem parts, he won't trade parts for nothing, do you think so?

Valet

IS300 SX > Accord
Reaction score
Cars are almost never sold easier with aftermarket.

But its not worth more than $20 more and you'll need a couple new gaskets.

floaren

Reaction score
This was actually what I was looking for, and I am glad to came here! Thanks for sharing the such information with us.

ccordex00

Reaction score
In my opinion it's just a straight trade...i would get some gaskets from ur local shop and maybe get that orange sealant for exhaust...do a little around the gaskets and u'll good to go....dont get the coated ones thi, they crack!!

rick_dang1987

Reaction score
In my opinion it's just a straight trade...i would get some gaskets from ur local shop and maybe get that orange sealant for exhaust...do a little around the gaskets and u'll good to go....dont get the coated ones thi, they crack!!

Thanks bro, I might change my mind, too much work for trading parts because i have to take his parts out, my oem parts out then put parts back in both car :(, i better buy parts brand new then i can keep the oems cuz maybe i will need to put them back on somedays.

Back