Oil Change

riCewu

Reaction score
I was wondering, I'm planning on doing an oil change probably today. Should I change any other fluids? Or engine oil is good enough?

LX_F23A1

Reaction score
Well look into doing an oil change for the auto tragic, otherwise follow the maintenance guidelines of your owners manual.

riCewu

Reaction score
theres no oil in the trans. its trans fluid.

op, youll be fine with just the oil change.

Alright thanks. My car never acme with owners manual lmfao .. and its obviously passed the warranty time.

So now I'm stuck with servicing my own vehicle..

Cruatchi

Reaction score
I was wondering, I'm planning on doing an oil change probably today. Should I change any other fluids? Or engine oil is good enough?

this depends on your current mileage and when the fluid was changed last

jwong512

Reaction score
Well, considering you have an autotragic it would never hurt to change your transmission fluid more often to play it safe. It would be highly recommended to only use Genuine Honda ATF. Considering how our transmissions are so fragile, I wouldn't put anything else in. Not even the Dextron III stuff they say would be fine for temporarily use because you only get 1 chance with your transmission. Once you screw it up, it's over.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Well, considering you have an autotragic it would never hurt to change your transmission fluid more often to play it safe. It would be highly recommended to only use Genuine Honda ATF. Considering how our transmissions are so fragile, I wouldn't put anything else in. Not even the Dextron III stuff they say would be fine for temporarily use because you only get 1 chance with your transmission. Once you screw it up, it's over.

Changing the transmission fluid before recommended intervals does not help very much. These transmissions are self destructive no matter how much you try and pamper them. I use to change my fluid every other oil change and mine still went kaput.

jwong512

Reaction score
Changing the transmission fluid before recommended intervals does not help very much. These transmissions are self destructive no matter how much you try and pamper them. I use to change my fluid every other oil change and mine still went kaput.

Oh. Well, I guess the only reason my transmission is still strong is probably due to the fact that I have an OEM transmission cooler. I didn't get one installed under recall. I believe my car came with it. I have the SULEV F23A4 and I believe the tranny is from the A5 from what I saw.

Back