oil leak?! how to find it?

f23accord2000

Reaction score
i use full syn penzoil 5w30, i dont burn any oil with 143k and the oil still basicly comes out of the engine the way it came out of the bottle. i do my oil change ever 2500 no matter what

turbo_911

Reaction score
Isnt that a little excessive?lol

its more like waste of money... big time...

I used Mobil 1 regular 5w30 with K&N oil filter, and change it every 4500-5000 miles. When I drive hard it does burn oil a lot, like you can't see it in on the dip stick, so I have to add, but when I drive normal it doesn't burn any. It all depends on your driving.

And none of my gaskets are leaking, nor have a blue smoke from exhaust.

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
Isnt that a little excessive?lol

if you have money and you love your car that's not excessive at all. i would do that if i had money, but i do my oil changes every 4k miles. cars don't NEED to have their oil changed every 3k miles. that was in the old days. but then again synthetic can last about 5k without changing so maybe it is a bit excessive.

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
if you have money and you love your car that's not excessive at all. i would do that if i had money, but i do my oil changes every 4k miles. cars don't NEED to have their oil changed every 3k miles. that was in the old days. but then again synthetic can last about 5k without changing so maybe it is a bit excessive.

The + symbol on the lower right is so you can quote multiple people in one post.

Mineral oil should be changed every 3k. It is true, some cars that operate at lower temps can go longer with mineral oil. However, the general rule "every 3k" is universal for all vehicles.

Synthetic does not break down during heat and hard driving like mineral oil, and it has cleaning properties. So the general rule is every 5k with fully synthetic. It is true that some cars go even longer with synthetic oil...

IMO, changing the oil every 5k instead of every 2.5k has no disadvantage to the engine at all when using fully synthetic.

You'd have to understand the breakdown process to know what Im talking about, Im a bit too lazy to get into that lol.

knighthawk1104

Reaction score
The + symbol on the lower right is so you can quote multiple people in one post.

Mineral oil should be changed every 3k. It is true, some cars that operate at lower temps can go longer with mineral oil. However, the general rule "every 3k" is universal for all vehicles.

Synthetic does not break down during heat and hard driving like mineral oil, and it has cleaning properties. So the general rule is every 5k with fully synthetic. It is true that some cars go even longer with synthetic oil...

IMO, changing the oil every 5k instead of every 2.5k has no disadvantage to the engine at all when using fully synthetic.

You'd have to understand the breakdown process to know what Im talking about, Im a bit too lazy to get into that lol.
oh thanks didn't know about the multi quote thing.

johnnydinh701

Reaction score
check around your check bay to see an leaks, or even check your oil pan. and to find out if it is leaking just park on your drive way and then the next morning you will see if your car is actually leaking.

9450erick

Reaction score
so u dont recommend me put any additives in my oil to stop consumptions
STP sounds like they have some promising products
picture.php

Thier claim:High-viscosity formula is specially formulated to help fight metal-to-metal friction by providing a thicker cushion between moving engine parts. Excellent for all cars, light trucks and SUVs.

STP® Oil Treatment fights friction to help:

•Protect against engine wear
•Reduce oil consumption
•Protect engine partst claims to do these things

picture.php

Thier claim: Today's smaller engines work harder and run hotter than six- and eight-cylinder engines. This can cause motor oil breakdown. STP® Four-Cylinder Oil Treatment provides high-stress lubrication protection for today's smaller engines. Specially formulated to fight metal-to-metal friction by providing a thicker cushion between moving parts.

STP® 4-Cylinder Oil Treatment fights friction to help:

•Resist motor oil breakdown
•Counteract oil thinning by boosting viscosity
•Increase anti-wear protection

Last edited:

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
I wouldnt add anything to your engine. There is enough in your oil mandated by the SAE.

Back