Oil pan changed, light on

EnjoiPugs

Reaction score
I figured it out. There's no oil pressure... I am going to pull the pan again and see if I can find anything wrong. I really hope nothing is damaged from running the car.

mraw112

Reaction score
Before you drain the oil. i would put some magnets around the oil pan. near the drain and other places. Most bearings have a steal or nickel backing. It will help you tell if you had any major bearing damage. Look for metal shaving on the bottom of the pan. Honestly i would replace all the bearings. The only cost like 70$ for a whole set. all you need is some assembly lube and a torque wrench to install them.
When you remove the pan. remove the baffle so you can have access to the rods. try moving them and make sure there is not play between them and the journals. Also if you see anything that looks like foil. that is bad.

About how long did you run the car total. did you ever try driving it? or just start it.

This is a picture of the spun bearing i had on a 4age i bought with my mr2
CIMG1722.jpg

EnjoiPugs

Reaction score
I removed the pan. There was nothing in the pan as far as shavings or anything blocking the pick up tube. So I don't know why there isn't oil pressure. Maybe the oil pump itself is the problem? I drove the car maybe a block total after I installed the pan when I noticed the light I drove right back into my drive way. I started it one other time after that for like 5 seconds. I didn't look at the rods, because I wasn't sure what to remove in there.

EnjoiPugs

Reaction score
Guys, I don't even know what to look at next. If any of you have any ideas please put them in here. It's not the pressure sensor and the pick up tube in the pan is not clogged and seems fine. All I did was change one pan for another. I don't get it. I don't get how it's not working when I didn't change anything I just replaced it. What else could cause me to have no oil pressure?

mraw112

Reaction score
Your oil pump is probably bad. I have no clue how it would have happened from changing the oil pan. If i were you i would replace the oil pump. I think you can rebuild some oil pumps. not sure. I hardly doubt the oil galleries are clogged. That would be about it. Unless you have an oil leak near at your oil filter. but you would have noticed that.

Back