Oxygen Sensors

stanleybb50

Reaction score
Anyone know what the cheapest (correct) o2 sensor is for my '01?

Its an EX 4cyl with the A4 engine...

Thanks!

(The Bosch I bought is just not cutting it...)

stanleybb50

Reaction score
So basically, when it comes to o2 sensors, ur sayin to just stick to the $250 part at the ole stealership...

The car's still makin the exact same noise.. haha I guess it hasnt gotten any ouder.. it has been 16k miles now.. I just pretend not to hear it now and just drive...

But I got the CEL for the o2 goin on, so i wanted to at least get that fixed..

I'm not so obsessed anymore over it.. Just crossin the fingers.. (Gettin married in November and workin on the house we just bought (no time to worry about it anymore anyway!)

haha but thanks for asking!!! I'll leave you fella's alone on that one... But I will let you know if anything changes with it!

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
oem is best, but i dont see why a different one wouldnt work. you sure you got the right one and you hooked it up right? do you have a ulev engine? id just double check everything and make sure you got the right one for the motor you have. i think theres a difference between the ones for the ulev motors and the non ulev ones.

stanleybb50

Reaction score
I'm just a jack*** cause I have no idea why i let the guy at Advance Auto talk me into the Bosch Universal o2 sensor... Its hooked up right, but surely not the right part...

I just don't know what part number I actually need to look for

EnjoiPugs

Reaction score
Dude, i'm sorry to hear all the trouble you're having and I don't think that one you bought will work... Man. I just went through all this too with the same exact part and motor too. I did the same thing and bought the wrong one. If you're talking about the front o2 sensor it's a wideband and this is why it's so darn expensive. The part number you need is 234-9025. I got mine for a decent price here: http://www.sparkplugs.com/results_cross.asp?pid=234-9025&x=53&y=17
It was 120something. Which I found was the best deal. It did FINALLY fix my CEL. I hope this helps you out man. If it's the rear o2 then you need a different one.

Back