P0171 and p0170

dumpedseegeesix

Reaction score
What's going on 6th gen I'm in desperate need of input or to be pointed in the right direction as far as solving these codes cause they have left me stumped..yes I have searched and found very little help as far as what the problem could be since post people fix it quick..ok for starters I have changed the following:
Oem fpr(2013)
Oem intake manifold gasket kit (2015)
Oem b1 O2 sensor (2013)
Oem air filter(2015)
Magnaflow car(2015)
Airtex fuel pump(2015)
Ngk spark plugs (2013)

The car recently started throwing code p0170 after the fuel pump was changed..

I recently switched from putting super in the car to putting plus since I thought gas might be a issue..with all those things changed howcome my car still fails for emmisions..the car has no exhaust leaks and no vacuum leaks or leaks from manifold..any help would be taken into consideration and greatly appreciated..

xci.ed6

Reaction score
What's your fuel pressure?

If you can check it, fuel trim (usually in %) might also help.

Why'd you change the fuel pump?

Where'd you get the pump?

dumpedseegeesix

Reaction score
What's your fuel pressure?

If you can check it, fuel trim (usually in %) might also help.

Why'd you change the fuel pump?

Where'd you get the pump?

Not too sure what my pressure is but I will check that..I did check the volts to the O2 sensors and they are working properly..I changed the fuel pump cause the car had trouble starting at times and when it started the idle was low and needed to hold the gas t stay on and even hh ten the idle was still a little rough...was a good thing I changed the pump cause it was in poor condition ..I purchased it from nappa auto store..

james'99

Reaction score
2000 v6 and O2 was one of the first things I changed once this problem started in 2013

Just to verify, you changed the upstream sensor? Also, do you recall which brand you used?

And sorry I missed where you said O2 sensor in your first post. Read it twice and missed it twice. Haha!

Last edited:

dumpedseegeesix

Reaction score
Just to verify, you changed the upstream sensor? Also, do you recall which brand you used?

And sorry I missed where you said O2 sensor in your first post. Read it twice and missed it twice. Haha!

Lol it's all good..yea oem I used a few other brands before this one but they weren't functioning properly...my cel doesn't come on right away it comes on after the car sits at idle or in stop and go traffic for awhile

james'99

Reaction score
Verify fuel pressure and go from there. I read some more threads. May be looking at a fuel pressure regulator.

Back