P0420 but already replaced the CAT

tothehouse34

Reaction score
and thanks xi0utlawstarix i have seen where alot of people have doen this... but i want to fix it, not trick it!

Although i maybe stumped on this one.

Also: why would my car skip for a split second (like once every 50-100 miles) enough to feel, but not enough to shut off the car!

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
Before I go any further, is your car ULEV? Or is it a normal accord?

Here is a picture of where your ECT or water temp sensor is located. Yes, I can tell you how to test the sensor, but you need a multimeter.

62217_accordECT4_1.jpg

Last edited:

98accordlx

Reaction score
ive been having the same issue with mine too. but ive noticed that it only stalls out when im running regular unleaded and it always happens when im either at idle or when im doing over 35mph happens most frequently at 45 and 60mph and it sux cuz i have a 5-speed so it keeps moving but it feels like the car is brake checking me on its own. as far as i can tell its still the factory exhaust thats, maybe been replaced once, and its running bosh platinum 4's for the plugs:mad:

finch13

Reaction score
Lose the Bosch Plats and get some NGK plugs... I believe they are ZRF511, but double check the sticker on the hood.

speedracered

Reaction score
i agree with losing the Bosch Plats. I have a misfire on my accord about 2 montsh ago, and it showed a p0401? or something like that code, and it was due to the bosch spark plugs going bad.

I believe that honda recommends NGK plugs.

tothehouse34

Reaction score
i have the F32A1, not ULEV... intake, muffler, and thats about it.

I know where it is located, just didnt want to change it, without testing it. already sunk too much $ trying to guess!

Thanks

speedracered

Reaction score
yea. I know what u mean. Iput in so much money into my car trying to find out wahts wrong, and at the end, that wasnt even the problem. hah

Back