P0505 Car wont idle just dies!!

F23accordowner

Reaction score
Hey guys back again with a headscratcher. A few weeks ago i drove the car in a ditch to avoid a collision with an 18 wheeler stopped in the middle of the road at night trying to do a u-turn. I was mostly at fault since i had dozed off after working 15.5 hrs that day with an hour drive to and from work. I woke up in time to either slam in the back of it or try to avoid it. I did manage to avoid the collision and went into the ditch. i was doing 65 mph. and thought i had destroyed my baby shortly after getting it boosted. But to my amazement i had done no damage visually or mechanically, and was able to back out of the ditch and drive it home perfectly fine. i maintained boost through revs, brakes worked fine, and it drove just as straight as it did before the incident, that is untill i tried to see if my launch control still worked. Which it did, but i got some hella wheel hop, and back out as soon as it happened but i threw a code when i got into boost. Basically if i let the gas go the car died. So i let it sit for a few weeks and went out to the car the other day and tried to pull the cel (which resets everytime the car is off). And couldn't get my reader to grab the code. So i installed Hondata for my mobile device and bluetoothed to see what the code was and it was P0505. So that being said it looks like that code causes a severe idle issure but not actually removes the ability for the car to idle. So is this actually a problem that is disguised as something else i.e. vacuum leak? Wiring not connected anymore? Any and all hep is appreciated sorry for the long post just want everyone to be as informed as possible.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
please, work on your message.

p0505, remove, clean, inspect IACV and wiring, reseal, make sure the gasket is OK when you re-install it.

james'99

Reaction score
+1 xci.ed6

I definitely suspect electrical failure of some sort within that circuit or mechanical failure moving the "door" in the IAC though if it won't idle at all.

Back