p1738- 2nd Clutch Pressure Switch

ShiftShapa

Reaction score
I recently got a code 1738 i believe it is 2nd clutch pressure switch.

I ordered it online for $120 as the local dealers have it back order till Mid November.

I recently noticed when the car gets into 2nd gear roughly around 30 ish km/h
The rpm goes up under 1000 rpm while acceleration delays for like less than a second BUT if i take pedal off the accelerator for a bit then press there is a smooth transisition. It only happened recently.

Would replacing the 2nd clutch pressure switch provide a better transition?

Car - 2002 Accord SE 4 Cyl Auto
162XXX KM (100 000 Miles)

001Stunna

Reaction score
You overpaid for the switch if you paid $120 for one. TorontoHonda has them for $80/piece.
Online from the states they'd run you at about 60/piece plus shipping.

That aside, I would change both 2nd and 3rd. It should fix delayment issue, it did in mine when I had the code awhile back.

ShiftShapa

Reaction score
i called toronto honda and they do not have them in stock. I called a couple of honda dealers and apparently this part is on back order and is coming in Mid november so i coudlnt wait that long.

Ya i later realized i found a guy in USA would sell it for under 80 bux with shipping. Mine was 120 after shipping and taxes from AUTOPARTSWAY.CA

Thanks for the info i was getting worried at first regarding the issue good to hear it helped you.

ShiftShapa

Reaction score
ohh ****ty I already bought it. Part number by any chance? or im sure honda may have one in stock possibly?

But when i wnet to a dealer for this part - pressure switch they all said back order until Mid November

001Stunna

Reaction score
ohh ****ty I already bought it. Part number by any chance? or im sure honda may have one in stock possibly?

But when i wnet to a dealer for this part - pressure switch they all said back order until Mid November
90471-PW7-A00 - GASKET (10MM) 4.70$ at TH

Back