Pardie's 01 V6 Coupe

phi1542

Reaction score
Well it turns out I was misinformed about how this whole insurance process works. I thought I was taking my car to be repaired, when actually I was just taking it to be quoted for the insurance company.

So actually, they called it totaled and will give me what they decide to be the value of the car, which I'm hoping to be near $1,000 but I'm preparing myself for $500. I don't know what I'm going to do at this point. I know the cost of repair is over $3,000 and I don't have that kind of money. I could try to get as much money out of the car as possible by parting it out but that isn't an option until I have another car so I will either have to trade it as is, or repair it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same exact thing happened to me if you noticed. Sorry to hear man. You will get a lot more. It may vary but I got $3.7k for my car but bought it back for $500 to keep my parts.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk

Pardie

Reaction score
Took her to the shop today. Still waiting to see how much insurance will give but should be at least $3k. Scratched my tint on the passenger side window trying to get my bike in the car.

Pardie

Reaction score
Quick update: I know I haven't been active for weeks now, but I was told that my car would be ready Tuesday. Wether that is true or not is hard to say because they also told me it would be ready this past Friday (yesterday at the time of this post) and before that they said it would be ready by this past Wednesday (two days before Friday). So I'm getting irritated with them but I can't be too mad because their rental department has been great. Jayson, the manager, has handled this personally and he gave me a great rate on the car (super discounts, people) just because he wants to treat others how he would want to be treated.
But for the stuff y'all are actually interested in (assuming people are still interested)-
Yes, I am still doing all the things I was planning on prior to the accident; however, it may be on a more delayed schedule due, primarily due to two things. First, this has made me realize that my cat isn't worth as much as I thought it was, so it would make more sense not to put much money into it. Secondly, I have been privileged to join a business for people looking to make some passive secondary income, so my free time is a little more infrequent.
Important note: none of this has changed my passion for my car at all. I am still going to make her my own by putting personal touches on her and modding her, I'm just going to be more deliberate with it now... Or at least that's how I feel at the moment. It is possible that the moment I get her back, I will fall completely back into the mindset I was in previously.

Back