Parts for Tune-up

Drew707

Reaction score
i want to do a tune-up on my car and i dont know what parts to buy
What would be a good definition of a full tune-up like parts wise?

EDIT:Also would a dirty air filter cause my exhaust noise to be quieter? i dont have that deep tone kind of drone on the freeway anymore.

parts i have:
Air filter
AIr filter cleaner and spray
Spark plugs
Spark plug wires
Distributor cap and rotor
Fuel filter
Oil
Oil filter

What other parts should i buy? or what parts do you usually buy between your maintanence intervals?

Last edited:

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
How much mileage is on the car? If you haven't swapped out the water pump or timing belt do those together also, and you can also clean your IVAC.

redlinevtec

Reaction score
Do a valve adjustment, change the seals like the crank, cam and balance shaft seal w/retainer clip-(for 4 cylinder models only). Change the timing belt, balance shaft belt, A/C/Alternator & power steering belt. Check your valve cover gasket, PCV valve (cheap $3 part), clean your IACV, intake manifold and most importantly change your oil and transmission fluid lol.

Drew707

Reaction score
i forgot all about the ivac and pcv. and water pump sounds like a good idea also. my belts look fine though. and for mileage im at 141k. thanks guys.

Drew707

Reaction score
Thanks guy for the parts suggestions. would a Dirty air filter cause my car to be quiet? i lost the deep tone from my exhaust not loud at all anymore.

Back