Password:JDM Dry Carbon Fiber PowerChamber Intake on a 98 accord?

F23A1!

Reaction score
okay so don't wanna get a cold air intake and risk hydro-lock. since this F23A1 is my DD and only ride. But i want some gains. gains that a short ram would probably not give me. But does anyone know if the Password:JDM Dry Carbon Fiber PowerChamber Intake fit a 1998 Accord with a F23A1? :D

Frisky Arab

Reaction score
I wouldn't count on it. Most of the stuff on that site doesn't fit our cars unless it says Honda universal in the title or description. Used to look for stuff on that site all the time.

2000BlackCoupe

Reaction score
lol, "gains". you wont gain ****, its the sad sad truth. it will sound different though

simon_y

Reaction score
It can be done. It has been done before, but only on a CL1/ CF4. So it can be done on an USDM F23.

You'll have to do something with the coupler that connects to the throttle body to angle the intake so it clears everything. I remember reading something like he had to connect a coupler to another coupler to achieve the proper angle. Couldn't find the thread for you but managed to find a picture for you.

Only picture I can find.

images.jpg

Honestly, those Carbon Fiber Whale Penis's are very expensive. Its not worth it unless you find one for cheap.

kn0x47

Reaction score
You aren't going to hydrolock unless you took out your fender liners and drive through a deep puddle

F23A1!

Reaction score
those carbon fiber things are only like 200 and an AEM V2 CAI is like 300. where have you found cheaper CAI's? and really no gains?

and thanks for replying guys

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
If you wan gains on these cars, you need to swap the motor/tranny, or s/c or turbocharge. i/h/e does little to nothing, except make the car sound better.

And yeah, unless you're driving through a small lake, you don't need to worry about hydrolock.

Ocho

Reaction score
ya im lowered and have cold air intake. eibach pro springs but dont worry about hydolock +2

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
If you do end up getting the CF whale dick, just use some common sense installing it and be careful not to scuff up the nice CF. Like has been mentioned, right couplers and brackets will make everything work well.

Back