performance mods

retroshark

Reaction score
to be honest, a port and polish job isnt gonna net you that much HP... its a nice mod but its expensive and doesnt have crazy results like on some cars. your best bet is boltons or an engine swap.

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
A ported and polished head will not get you 20hp alone, maybe along w/ other mods, but definately not alone. I certainly don't feel like I gained 20hp. Now maybe if I threw my nitrous kit back on...

Also, its not so much that Gude products are bad, atleast none that I've heard/seen. Its more their customer service.

Last edited:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
oh ok, well, i dont know for sure, but thats just what ive read and been told. i thought that was too good to be true too, haha.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
Totalimmortal said:
I just checked them out, 6th Gen support is "sparce" to say the least.

yea, but they know alot about the motors and such, which is what he wants to know. quite a few guys have 5th gens with f22's and such, basically the same motor. needles to say, they do know about motors and performance and such. not that we dont, but theirs alot more info there.

retroshark

Reaction score
i think ill end up porting my head a little bit if i can find somewhere local that does it cheap. i wont however mess with oversized valves and such, asi know someone who just blew up a JDM spec b18c from a type R afer only 5000 miles due to a bad valve job. whole motor was trashed, the cylinder swallowed the valve and just boom.

Back