Photo Editing for Mac

dharding413

Keep it simple.
Reaction score
Hey guys
Just got my new MacBook Pro for school, and I got a $100 credit to use in iTunes or the App Store. I was thinking about using it to download some software, more specifically some for photo editing. In the app store they have Adobe Photoshop Elements 9 for $79.99. Does anyone have experience with this version of Photoshop? Or has anyone used Aperture or any other photo software on Mac that they'd recommend? Any advice would be appreciated.

Honda4Life

Reaction score
I have a pro as well and do some editing...I use aperture and acorn but I think Pixelmator is easier (and cheaper)

So you can say the rest for other apps/music/etc

But if you are intense with the editing or it is your major I would get aperture to start then move up to PS3 as they are much more complicated...

my 2 cents:beer:

dharding413

Keep it simple.
Reaction score
I have a pro as well and do some editing...I use aperture and acorn but I think Pixelmator is easier (and cheaper)

So you can say the rest for other apps/music/etc

But if you are intense with the editing or it is your major I would get aperture to start then move up to PS3 as they are much more complicated...

my 2 cents:beer:
Thanks for the advice!
So what features do I lose out on if I go for say Pixelmator vs. Aperture vs. Photoshop?

cyen008

Reaction score
i use cs5 now, but i started from photoshop 7, to photoshop cs, cs3, and now cs5. They can all do what i need them to do and are about 90% the same, cs5 seems to have some new functions though

Last edited:
Back