Photography Shoutbox

xluben

Reaction score
I may have to get one from you if they're still around in a week or so. I need to let myself think about this a little more...

finch13

Reaction score
I'm running to NatCam Roseville to get a blower.... a rocket blower to be exact... doubt they carry it though.

xluben

Reaction score
Buy me something! BTW, just drove past there 1/2 hr or so ago :D

xluben

Reaction score
Offset them even more than a free 70-200?!?!?!

Hehe, jk. I have no problem with someone selling them for profit. I'm sure I would have
bought something if I thought I could sell it quickly. Too bad nothing good was left :(

finch13

Reaction score
Buy me something! BTW, just drove past there 1/2 hr or so ago :D

I bought a Giottos Rocket Blower and some Zeiss lens cleaner... they were sold out of the large rocket blowers :sad: But honestly, how did I live before owning one of these things? Soooo powerful hahaha.

Too bad nothing good was left

You know like the rest of us, local camera shops NEVER stock anything good and it's always overpriced. They had a few used 70-200L behind the counter... I was tempted to ask how much and test one out, but I knew I would probably have a heart attack hearing what they're trying to sell them for.

xluben

Reaction score
You know like the rest of us, local camera shops NEVER stock anything good and it's always overpriced. They had a few used 70-200L behind the counter... I was tempted to ask how much and test one out, but I knew I would probably have a heart attack hearing what they're trying to sell them for.
$2k before the instant rebate that's going on right now. I went and fondled
the one at NatCam in Roseville before I bought mine. It's a 70-200 2.8 IS and
(I think) a 100-400 L that they have back there. For an in-store display
model the 70-200 is extremely beat up. I have no idea what they let people
do with it for it to get in that condition.

Last time I was in there I had them mount the 70-200 2.8 IS to a T1i with the
Canon 2x extender inbetween. Played with it for a while, took the guy's card,
and then bought a different extender from Craigslist a couple days later. I like
taking trying things and getting cards with no intention of purchase :D

finch13

Reaction score
Hey, there's no problem in that. I noticed they were in rough shape, that's the main reason I didn't bring it up. They were hungry to sell something expensive and hovering over my like vultures when I was looking at the old school Canon lenses in the counter.

For an L... they were nearly brown from what I saw... sitting on the front element with no filter or cap, makes me question if they are really "camera experts"

Back